3 weeks out could use some support

[Fe...]

Hey there, boy have I had a past 3 months...it all started when I began to have headaches and fear brain issues. I had taken Xanax here and there like once a month for sleep in the past so my doc prescribed Xanax 0.25 as needed for sleep until I could get a scan. Then I started getting some urinary changes and tingling in my right arm (which in retrospect were likely interdose withdrawal) and pretty quickly I was taking 0.25-0.5 daily because of fear of these new symptoms. After negative scans and blood tests I was relieved so stopped taking Xanax at the end of April (after 6 weeks of almost daily use). Then the intense withdrawal symptoms came—depersonalization, urinary urgency, tinnitus, blurry vision, insomnia, obessions—and I realized that they faded with 0.25mg so I was likely dealing with withdrawal. Unfortunately during that week I was completely off I badly strained my quadriceps which is still healing.

My doc recommended tapering so I did 0.125mg twice daily for 2 weeks and took my last dose a little over 3 weeks ago (I realize this is faster than recommended). So my total time on daily Xanax was 8-9 weeks. Anxiety and muscle pain peaked a week ago (week 2 of withdrawal) and is better. As of today I am dealing with tinnitus, pins and needles when I exercise, burning with urination, neck pain, and numbness that comes and goes from my right fingers. In addition the strained quad just won’t seem to fully heal. I’m nervous because I start a very very demanding job in July and would love to know tips that others have to get through this difficult period. I have started working on mindfulness. Thank you!

[70...]

Hello FedFan28, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

I am glad you are joining us!  We certainly can support you as you pass through withdrawl and heal.  The symptoms you describe, although very uncomfortable, are classic for benzo withdrawl.  It is my hope that you can get connected here and gather some support that will be very beneficial in the healing process.  This link is for our Rapid Taper board where you can post concerns and questions:

Cold Turkey, Detox & Rapid Withdrawal

It might be helpful to you to look at The Ashton Manual which is the resource we use for benzo withdrawl.  Chapter three goes into symptoms so may be helpful:

The Ashton Manual

Take a bit and look around here, see what is offered.  You can start a thread when you are ready.  Let us know how we can help you.

Again, welcome,

Kate

Hey FedFan28,

Welcome, sounds rough knowing you are heading in to a new demanding job!! BUT hopefully that will be happy and exciting too and will be a distraction.

In case it interests you I've found a lot of help in an app for chronic pain, you can check it out at curablehealth.com But basically, like one of my sleep buddies on here said, give it the middle finger and get on with life! That was about sleep ... but this mind/body pain thing is more like consider that our bodies have reactions to things in our mind that we don't express ... and that really we're okay ... it will be okay. We Got This!

Good luck, congratulations on your taper and cut! I'm starting to get tingling in my right hand so must be related to my taper. So tired of the symptoms. The way I knew curable health was for me is that a month after I learned about it (they say listen to stuff and use the app 3 X week minimum) my knees went bezerk and I couldn't even go for a walk down my block. I joined for some other pain condition ... but anyway, I told my knees NOPE, I'm not buying. I searched my soul and knew my knees were responding to fears of a big life change I committed to just before the knee pain came. I learned that from curable and it was right and 6 weeks later my knees were fine again. Off topic but not exactly, and something I love, so not meaning to preach just in case it interests you!!! It could really help you in the next 3 weeks imho!

KB