PLEASE, Please I need Support more than ever

[on...]

Folks, I sit here in tears, scared, tired, wondering why we need to suffer.

I am suffering, really bad!!  I tapered 10% a few days ago.  I'm at .11mg a day.

The past two days have been hell, simply put. 

I've worked so hard, I know what I need to do, but it's so hard.......

Please, don't just read this note, please talk to me.

Hi one day x I’m so sorry u are struggling. I guess in these moments all we can do is look back at how far we have come, and think back on other moments we have felt like this, and remember that we had better days after that.

Maybe 10% is too big a cut from here on in? Maybe slow it down a little, but hold for a while until u feel ready to continue.

What can you do right now to help you calm down? Tv, books, deep breathing, walking. Now is the time to distract. U will be ok, try to find some strength in how far you have come x

[75...]

Oneday3693, I am so sorry you are in a rough patch.  It just stinks when this happens.  Many members tend to struggle more as they near the end of their taper.  I certainly did and I slowed things down like Shayna suggested to allow my brain and body to catch up and stabilize after the changes.  The other thing that happened to me that I know now is that I got frightened at then end and experiencing those feelings without the aid of benzos (or alcohol in my case, I am also sober) was pretty brutal.

Again like Shayna said, distraction was my best friend during that time.

Hi one day x I’m so sorry u are struggling. I guess in these moments all we can do is look back at how far we have come, and think back on other moments we have felt like this, and remember that we had better days after that.

Maybe 10% is too big a cut from here on in? Maybe slow it down a little, but hold for a while until u feel ready to continue.

What can you do right now to help you calm down? Tv, books, deep breathing, walking. Now is the time to distract. U will be ok, try to find some strength in how far you have come x

Thank you so much.  I type through tears and pray I can look back on this someday and say..... bad memory.  I am going to hold here for a bit.

Not sure how to proceed from there. 

Oneday3693, I am so sorry you are in a rough patch.  It just stinks when this happens.  Many members tend to struggle more as they near the end of their taper.  I certainly did and I slowed things down like Shayna suggested to allow my brain and body to catch up and stabilize after the changes.  The other thing that happened to me that I know now is that I got frightened at then end and experiencing those feelings without the aid of benzos (or alcohol in my case, I am also sober) was pretty brutal.

Again like Shayna said, distraction was my best friend during that time.

Thank you Kate.  I've been doing pretty good during the process with minimal with symptoms.  This is the worse.  Not sure how to proceed.  Cut and hold or DMT, etc.  Do I just need to tough it out?

Hi Oneday3693,

As the others that have answered your post, I am very sorry that you are having trouble.

It looks like you are planning to hold and so you have a path forward. You also said that you want people to talk to you.

Okay, I'm here, what do you want to talk about? How can I or someone else help you through this?

Hi Oneday3693,

As the others that have answered your post, I am very sorry that you are having trouble.

It looks like you are planning to hold and so you have a path forward. You also said that you want people to talk to you.

Okay, I'm here, what do you want to talk about? How can I or someone else help you through this?

Knowing that there are people out there who care and understand is just about all I can ask for.  Common experiences help to normalize my discomfort to some extent.

I believe this is a caring site and I hope the common experiences are helping you to feel more secure about the withdrawal process.

I have a phrase for the kind of day you are having, I call them "page turner days" - to me, it means just get through today, don't worry about what didn't get done, and see how tomorrow is. Physical or emotional pain can be hard but usually it lessens if you make it through today and then the next day, you know you did make it through the day and if it needs to be another "page turner day", well, you'll see how tomorrow is but you know you already lasted through the last day.

Please let everyone know how you feel tomorrow. Best luck until then.

I believe this is a caring site and I hope the common experiences are helping you to feel more secure about the withdrawal process.

I have a phrase for the kind of day you are having, I call them "page turner days" - to me, it means just get through today, don't worry about what didn't get done, and see how tomorrow is. Physical or emotional pain can be hard but usually it lessens if you make it through today and then the next day, you know you did make it through the day and if it needs to be another "page turner day", well, you'll see how tomorrow is but you know you already lasted through the last day.

Please let everyone know how you feel tomorrow. Best luck until then.

I love that, "page turner days".  It's a keeper.  Thanks for bringing it up, 3BNN1EE2JG.

Folks, I sit here in tears, scared, tired, wondering why we need to suffer.

I am suffering, really bad!!  I tapered 10% a few days ago.  I'm at .11mg a day.

The past two days have been hell, simply put. 

I've worked so hard, I know what I need to do, but it's so hard.......

Please, don't just read this note, please talk to me.

I'm here for you as well, oneday3693.  I pray today gets tolerable, and you're soon back to good.  Sending you a hug.🤗

Thank you so much.  I type through tears and pray I can look back on this someday and say..... bad memory.  I am going to hold here for a bit.

You proceed like we all do, one foot in front of the other xx you will be ok

You proceed like we all do, one foot in front of the other xx you will be ok

Holding sounds like a great idea.  I'm no expert (a beginner) though I believe the slower, the better.  Better days are ahead, oneday3693.  :hug:

Hi, oneday3693, are you doing any better today? 

I hope it's a better day for you. 

I'll remember you in my prayers. 🙏

:smitten:

Get paper and a pen and just draw lines. Get a coloring book. Do anything mindless. Free write cursive, draw concentric circles.

This helps me keep my monkey mind busy when it’s zinging.

So sorry you’re feeling that way. Been there, know it passes, and still hate it so hard.

Hang in there ❤️

It means so much that you ask.  And thank you for keeping me in your prayers !!

Just a bit better today, morning was better, now I feel it creeping up.  BUT, better, so I hope I can stabilize here, for now.

It's amazing how powerful these drugs are.  Tomorrow is one step closer to being done with benzos??

Get paper and a pen and just draw lines. Get a coloring book. Do anything mindless. Free write cursive, draw concentric circles.

So sorry you’re feeling that way. Been there, know it passes, and still hate it so hard.

Hang in there ❤️

Thank you.  Monkey mind is a great term!

It means so much that you ask.  And thank you for keeping me in your prayers !!

Just a bit better today, morning was better, now I feel it creeping up.  BUT, better, so I hope I can stabilize here, for now.

It's amazing how powerful these drugs are.  Tomorrow is one step closer to being done with benzos??

Hang in there ❤️

Thank you.  Monkey mind is a great term!

SO sorry, oneday, you feel it creeping back, and hoping it doesn't.  Hang in there, one day or one hour at a time.  We're here for you.  :hug:

How are you doing now? you said it was creeping up earlier. I'm hoping that did not happen. Keep up with the fortitude and I hope your hold starts to help. Absolutely tomorrow is one step closer on your journey!

I’m so sorry you are struggling! We are all here for you! Hope today has been better and you are hanging in there. Stay strong.....you can do this!  :smitten:

Who would have thought, such a small piece of a pill would have such an impact on our mind, body and spirit.

A bit better today, thank you for support.  But such a long way to go to get this crap out of me  :'(

Who would have thought, such a small piece of a pill would have such an impact on our mind, body and spirit.

A bit better today, thank you for support.  But such a long way to go to get this crap out of me  :'(

It's truly incredible (in a bad way) what that little pill does to us.

I'm glad you're doing a bit better.  It's such good news.

You're way ahead of me in tapering Klonopin.  I might be envious.😂  Actually, I'm happy for you.

Hi Oneday,

I hope you're gradually getting better day by day. I feel your pain. I have only been tapering for 5 weeks and I have a long road ahead of me and I started at a very high dose but, as you said, every day is one day closer to being healed. I wish you all the best, every day of your taper and I am glad you are on here and willing to share and participate.

Take good care,

HM

Im so sorry you are struggling so badly. The only thing that works for me is to just keep telling myself  that it will be okay. Honestly there are days when I lay in a ball on the floor and rock back and forth and just keep saying "you are fine, you are fine..." Drink as much water as you can stomach. I consistently forget to hydrate and I pay the price. Deep breaths. Distraction with a movie you have watched 1,000 times. I have watched every episode of Friends about 50 times. I can only say what others say to me which is you will heal with time.

Im so sorry you are struggling so badly. The only thing that works for me is to just keep telling myself  that it will be okay. Honestly there are days when I lay in a ball on the floor and rock back and forth and just keep saying "you are fine, you are fine..." Drink as much water as you can stomach. I consistently forget to hydrate and I pay the price. Deep breaths. Distraction with a movie you have watched 1,000 times. I have watched every episode of Friends about 50 times. I can only say what others say to me which is you will heal with time.

Thank you so much!  I have to remember to drink lots of water too.  Hopefully helps cleanse our system.

What do you need? I’ll talk. What do you need? This is all so scary. We’ve all been put in this place from trusting Drs. Is it ok to be mad at them. I know it’s not ok how scared you feel. I’m in the middle of it to but whatever you need in here with an open heart and will listen. I have awful trouble getting around this forum. Cognition sucks.