Switching to Valium

[st...]

Hello, I am tapering from Ativan and wish to switch to Valium to make it easier, but can't find a doctor to agree to this. Does anyone know of a source where I can get 2MG tablets for several months in order to complete my taper? There are some online sources but I don't know which ones to trust and they are very expensive. Thanks in advance, Steve

I would avoid online sources, I've heard nightmare stories from other members, some of them ended up with Etizolam and you don't want to mess around with that stuff. 

I'd like to talk to you about tapering directly from the Ativan because even though Valium is longer acting and preferable to shorting acting benzo's, it's not easy to taper, none of them are.

Making the cross takes time and many can't complete the transition because of the sedation and depression that comes with Valium.  Ativan can be tapered, we have many members who are currently doing this.  You can dose 3 or 4 times a day to combat interdose withdrawal and if things get rough, you can slow down by switching to dry or liquid titration.

If you have an adequate supply of Ativan I'd sure opt for a direct taper so you won't have to stress yourself out trying to find Valium.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the feedback. I have tapered a few times with Ativan and it was difficult, but doable. It is the supply, mainly, that I am concerned about. My last doctor recently switched me to valium, and then cut me drastically against my recommendations, at 2 week intervals which is too fast (due to the length of time I've been on Ativan). The doctor seems to believe it's a "one-size-fits-all" formula, which is completely false. I've scheduled with another doctor, but the person on the phone made sharp reprimands about "controlled substances", so I am fearing for the worst. I would really like to order some Ativan and take my chances rather than cross my fingers with the doctors. I agree too, that the switch to Valium isn't doing me much good -- in fact there is additional tiredness and irritability that comes with Valium which is not present in Ativan. I have ordered Ativan online before and it was fine (granted, that was some time ago).