Synthetic benzo usage for about 3 years

[Cl...]

I have detoxed successful from benzos in the past and there's a chance this time I'll be doing it without a physician. I'm here for positive encouragement and to share my experience with others so others can feel like what symptoms they experience are normal or are warning signs. I'm here to get and give general support as needed.

[91...]

Hello CloudsOfMana,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies! Congratulations on your decision to taper off benzos.  We're so glad you found the forum - you'll find lots of good information, support and encouragement here from others who understand what it's like to go through this process.

It sounds like you're interested in information about tapering.  A good place to start is the board on Planning Your Withdrawal. You will learn a lot and when you're ready, you can post questions about your own taper plan:

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)

As you consider what plan would work best, you might want to read the Ashton Manual, an excellent resource about benzodiazepine tapering and withdrawal by Dr. Heather Ashton.  Dr. Ashton is an expert in the field - she suggests reducing your dose by no more than 5% or 10% every 1-2 weeks.  Some people find it works better for them to taper even more slowly.

Here is the link for the manual:

The Ashton Manual

Again, we're glad you found us.  Please let us know how we can help you.

Again, welcome,

Kate

Thank you guys that is actually my model for tapering :) thank you nonetheless as I swear by the manual. Much love