Tapering from etizolam long term use

[pa...]

[ca...]

Hello pawpaw00,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies, we are glad you are here!  We have plenty of long-term benzo users here, myself included, so you aren't alone.  Are you doing your own taper or is your doctor guiding you?  We support a slow taper at BB with reductions of 5-10% of your total dose every two weeks or so.  Going slow tends to keep withdrawl symptoms to a minimum.  If you need taper support or help, you can reach out on the Taper Plan board.  Here is the link:

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)

For withdrawl support, you can link up here:

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

I hope you will take a bit and look around at the helpful content here at BB.  Let us know how we can help you,

Again, welcome,

Kate

Welcome, pawpaw00, I'd never heard of etizolam, but I'm sure many here have.  I hope you find lots of help and support here.

Edit: Removed image.

Thank you.  Etizolam is a research chemical, technically a thienodiazepine, that functions much the same as a benzo 1 mg of etizolam is said to be the equivalent of 10 mg of Valium and I was taking at least 6 mg of etizolam a day. It has a very short half life, so I am currently struggling with interdose withdrawals.  A few months ago I tried to work with a doctor to taper, and the doctor switched me valium but I could not afford to pay out of pocket $350 a week.  For the time I worked with the doctor the doctor started me on 60 mg of valium to taper from there.  I got down to 39 mg of valium, but when I ran out of valium I had to go back to using etizolam as a taper, which I wonder caused things to be even more difficult. 

I am trying now to taper with etizolam, but it is a challenge due to the short half life.  Mentally I do not want to be beholden to this medication anymore, but physically my body feels dependent on it.  My goal is to find a way to wean myself off this medication for good.

I am currently trying to find a more affordable doctor who can help me taper, but am not having much luck in finding a doctor, so am trying my best to follow the Ashton method and use the remaining etizolam I have.

Thank you.  Etizolam is a research chemical, technically a thienodiazepine, that functions much the same as a benzo 1 mg of etizolam is said to be the equivalent of 10 mg of Valium and I was taking at least 6 mg of etizolam a day. It has a very short half life, so I am currently struggling with interdose withdrawals.  A few months ago I tried to work with a doctor to taper, and the doctor switched me valium but I could not afford to pay out of pocket $350 a week.  For the time I worked with the doctor the doctor started me on 60 mg of valium to taper from there.  I got down to 39 mg of valium, but when I ran out of valium I had to go back to using etizolam as a taper, which I wonder caused things to be even more difficult. 

I am trying now to taper with etizolam, but it is a challenge due to the short half life.  Mentally I do not want to be beholden to this medication anymore, but physically my body feels dependent on it.  My goal is to find a way to wean myself off this medication for good.

I am currently trying to find a more affordable doctor who can help me taper, but am not having much luck in finding a doctor, so am trying my best to follow the Ashton method and use the remaining etizolam I have.

Yikes, $350 a week is outrageous.  I hope you can find someone to help you for a much lower cost. 

I'm tapering Klonopin, and 1 mg is also equal to 10 mg of Valium, but Klonopin has a pretty long half-life.  I only see the doctor twice a year, and it's less than $100 each time.  SO, there must be someone who will help you for cheaper. 

I feel bad that you're in this predicament and had to go back to Etizolam.  I believe things will get better.  Tapering very slowly is the best advice I've received, though I'd love to do it quickly.