Xanax withdrawals

[En...]

After 5 months and a half of 0.25 Xanax I went cold turkey last week but felt so bad I went back to half pill but it wasn’t enough and now I’m using a liquid solution also so I take half pill and 3 drops and that’s the equivalent of 80% of a full dose. I still don’t feel very well, my equilibrium is kind of off, I have developed a high pitch tinnitus in one ear, my head is very light and I feel dizzy and confused and I noticed it gets worse while I’m eating, does someone know why?

You might want to do an even slower taper if your symptoms are severe. Have you looked at the taper plan board?

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)

It might help to base your taper on your symptoms and hold for awhile if you are feeling bad. Those symptoms sound like classic withdrawal symptoms as well. If it were me, I'd slow down a bit.

Thanks for your answer I don’t feel well and I have the same symptoms after 6 days, but would it be bad and dangerous to go back to the full amount I used to take before? Now I don’t take it for more than 2 weeks

I'm not sure I have an answer for you. I think if it were me I would go up some but not all the way back up but hopefully others will weigh in with their thoughts. I have reinstated a dose before but that was after a couple of days.

I have never heard of skin rash but I don't think anything is ruled out when it comes to benzo WD. I hope you take the advice to back off slightly but not go back to your full dose. You run the risk of kindling when you go back and forth too much which makes it that much harder to get off benzo's down the road. It gets harder and harder.

HM

Today I’m having also some skin rash, is that normal?

I've read a number of members discuss skin rashes.