I Felt More Ill Than I Ever Have

[Iv...]

I am sure it's a combination of factors, but what's relevant here is that my Dr. & I decided to do a 25% cut - after about 5 years on 2.0 mg Clonazepam, we went to 1.5. 

Today I felt like I was going to collapse from just a mild 1 mile walk.

Now there are other factors: I am almost 59, I cut exercise down to only: once a week upper body weights  & 2 walks on the weekend, since March 2020 (because I work from home), I am about 45 pounds overweight.  Also it's above 90 degrees here but the walk is mostly in the shade.  I work 45 - 50 hours a week at a stressful job, I have to work as I am the only breadwinner in family.  Plan to retire at 63.

I have been in the cut dose for 3 weeks and plan to stay there a couple more months, then the next cut will be smaller, 16% (to 1.25), then after a couple of months we will try 1.0.  After that, I may hold for a long time to get ready for the Ashton method.

I just need reassurance that I am doing the right thing!  And that other people felt rotten at this point!  I used .5 melatonin to sleep last night but I do that rarely.  I use no other meds or substances.

Add: I started last week taking a small supplement of calcium, magnesium and D3 in the evening plus a multivitamin & omega fish oil in morning.  I am counting on that to help.

yes! I frequently feel like I was going to collapse on my walks! then when I get home I mope about how I never want to go through that again, but I'm trying to force myself anyway so I can get accustomed to it. I've been reframing it as a success instead, think about the fact that you safely made it home despite the fear of collapsing, and next time and next time it will get easier and easier. 25% is a big cut, but I understand my pdoc recommended the same amount too. to most doctors 25% a week is normal, but here it is more recommended to be at 10% per 10 days. even though you fear collapsing, you didnt, and pushed through it and that's something to be proud of.

Ivy,

Keep us updated on your progress. I am happy you are feeling better a week later. Your early cuts are big. So are mine. I have read numerous times that it gets harder, the lower your dose gets and you have to start making smaller cuts.

I wish you the best,

HM

Ivy,

Keep us updated on your progress. I am happy you are feeling better a week later. Your early cuts are big. So are mine. I have read numerous times that it gets harder, the lower your dose gets and you have to start making smaller cuts.

I wish you the best,

HM

Yes my early cuts were not bad but now I am towrds the end it is horrific. I can harldy get out of bed. I am down to 1/4 ativan 9:30 am. I was on .5 mg 5x a day and took about 5 months to get to here. Last drop is 1/4 in a week and as much as I look forward to it I am dreading the side effects but I have to get off.

Hi Ivy,

I hope your uptrend is continuing. You got treated with a good day and those are always nice. Hoping today is another good day for you.

HM