Anyone heard of red, burning numb feet?

[Ho...]

Hey guys,

Anyone out there heard of red pooling blood at the feet? There is numbness as well.

It seems like it started when I c/o from Ativan to Valium. I am down to 1 mg. left!

The symptoms that have been Persistent are: dizziness, balance issues…. and the above red burning, numb feet. It makes standing without leaning on things difficult.

Anyway, any thoughts or thoughts on Experience would be great!

HopeFull01

Hey guys,

Anyone out there heard of red pooling blood at the feet? There is numbness as well.

It seems like it started when I c/o from Ativan to Valium. I am down to 1 mg. left!

The symptoms that have been Persistent are: dizziness, balance issues…. and the above red burning, numb feet. It makes standing without leaning on things difficult.

Anyway, any thoughts or thoughts on Experience would be great!

HopeFull01

Yep. I’ve had this.  Get it checked out just in case. Hope you are doing ok.

[44...]
HopeFull01, this sounds really rough.  One of the things I had to learn was not everything we experience is related to benzos and if you've been of them for any length of time like I was, other conditions can develop that benzos may have at least somewhat mask the symptoms of.  I have some mild circulation issues in my lower legs and feet that sound like what you are experiencing.  I agree with Bess55, getting this checked out with your doctor is a good idea.

Thanks Kate08 and Bess55

You guys are so right we can think everything is benzo related. I currently don’t have health insurance so beyond talking to my Nurse Practitioner ( who is working with me on my Taper I am trying to stay

optimist ). I really don’t know what a Doctor could do for me at this juncture ).

Bess how is your feet doing… did it go away?

Pamster suggested that maybe I could wait till I have some healing from this process before I pursue

other things.

The crazy thing and my saving grace is I weight train and do quite a bit to maintain muscle through this

process. It’s confounding.

Well, I am going slow with the taper but am getting there with 1 mg of Valium left.

I have made many improvements so this seems like the way to go.

Thanks for your input. Best of luck in your Journeys 💙

HopeFull01

I did not have this specific symptom but I’ve read of others on this board who complained of burning feet, burning mouth, Burning skin, etc.  Likely it has something to do with nerve sensitivity since our nervous systems are compromised. You can do a search on the board, but If you’re concerned, not a bad idea to get checked out by a medical professional to make sure it’s not some thing else.

Thanks Kate08 and Bess55

You guys are so right we can think everything is benzo related. I currently don’t have health insurance so beyond talking to my Nurse Practitioner ( who is working with me on my Taper I am trying to stay

optimist ). I really don’t know what a Doctor could do for me at this juncture ).

Bess how is your feet doing… did it go away?

Pamster suggested that maybe I could wait till I have some healing from this process before I pursue

other things.

The crazy thing and my saving grace is I weight train and do quite a bit to maintain muscle through this

process. It’s confounding.

Well, I am going slow with the taper but am getting there with 1 mg of Valium left.

I have made many improvements so this seems like the way to go.

Thanks for your input. Best of luck in your Journeys 💙

HopeFull01

Oh I’m glad you have a positive attitude - this is so important in BWD. Positive self talk goes along way.  My feet thingo comes & goes.  If I’m in a bad wave sometimes it appears, but I just tell myself “I’m healing, I’m healing, I’m healing” you are doing really well.  Keep going,

Thank you. Today I am very insecure. It has been a long road. I work very hard, but everything is difficult.

Bless you,

HopeFull01

Thank you. Today I am very insecure. It has been a long road. I work very hard, but everything is difficult.

Bless you,

HopeFull01

You gotta hold onto hope, you gotta have positive self talk - it helps enormously,  you are gonna be ok,

I don’t know if it’s good to count the days ( day 38 of 1 mg of Valium ).

My cuts are big at the end here… I was on 2 mg. then now 1 mg.

I have been cutting and holding for 2 years…

Are you off everything?

Bless you for responding.

HopeFull01

I don’t know if it’s good to count the days ( day 38 of 1 mg of Valium ).

My cuts are big at the end here… I was on 2 mg. then now 1 mg.

I have been cutting and holding for 2 years…

Are you off everything?

Bless you for responding.

HopeFull01

Hi,

Keep on going lovely.  Trust me tapering is way better than cold turkey.  I cold turkeyed & it is pure hell.  Yep I’ve been off Valium for 16 months.  I’m in a brutal wave right now.  It’s vicious.  Keep tapering.  Slow & steady. You got this.

I just saw a Documentary with professor Ashton. It was mentioned on her symptom list. Numbness in a sock like fashion. I am determined to be free of this stuff and let “ healing “ do it’s thing, while putting in the work to help it along.

Hope you HEAL soon,

HopeFull01