Almost 2 months off Diazepam.

[Sp...]

Hi, I am almost 8 weeks out from coming off my diazepam. I was on it for 18 years. Too long! I tapered for a year and then came into some really hard times trying to get down. Was told that I should just at 5mg. Worst thing I could have done. Now dealing with a horribly pissed off CNS. I am talking the w/d symptoms are horrible. Painful. Scary. You name it. It’s honestly the worst thing I have ever had to endure. Praying for strength for me and my family to get through this. I was completely bedridden for a few weeks. Couldn’t walk on my own. Couldn’t bathe or feed myself. Have been able to do most of that but it’s still very painful. So yeah. Just looking for support during this trial. Thanks.

[41...]

Hello Speciallady,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies, we are glad you are here.  Congratulations of getting off Diazepam!!  We do understand what an accomplishment that is and how difficult the journey can be.  Yes, healing does take time but as you go through this process, you can link up with others who are or have been where you are.  I found the support and camaraderie here to be very beneficial.  This link is for member who have finished their taper, some of them recently like you:

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

Of course, we have lots of helpful content here that has been complied over a number of years so look around and take advantage of this site.  But, do let us know how we can help you.

Again, welcome,

Kate