Looking for a port in the storm.

[Pe...]

Hello, I am here for support and to possibly learn that I am not alone.  I am currently prescribed 2mg of Alprazolam 3 times daily and am also prescribed Seroquel and Ambien to sleep. I am extremely shy and agoraphobic at times besides when it is a must that I leave my home or as I would put it sanctuary.  I am currently going on 14 years this August with the same family doctor who prescribed me my very first dose of Alprazolam or Xanax. Although my doctor is not a psychiatrist I have been to a couple psychiatrists and have been diagnosed with multiple mental disorders.  I recently lost the help of a therapist that was my only friend besides a couple family members for the last 2 to 3 years now and I have no one besides my mother and she has just retired. Learning to cope with my disorders and my mother everyday now for the last 2 months has been extremely challenging. I am currently prescribed 2mg of Alprazolam 3 times daily and am also prescribed Seroquel and Ambien to sleep. I am extremely shy and agoraphobic at times besides when it is a must that I leave my home or as I would put it sanctuary.

[20...]

Hello PeaceLuvHappiness,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies, we are glad you are here!  Goodness, it does indeed sound like you've had some major changes in your life recently.  No wonder you are feeling a bit rudderless.

BenzoBuddies is a forum dedicated to helping members let benzos go from their lives.  If you are seeking to taper off Alprazolam, we can help and support you through that process; the same goes for Ambien as we have a support group for members tapering off it as well.  If you would reply here and let us know your needs, we will know better how to help you.

Again, welcome,

Kate

Hello PeaceLuvHappiness,

Nice name! Welcome to Benzo Buddies! Well, so I took xanax but stopped it when I got here after reading The Ashton Manual and am tapering off of ambien. I've had physical and mood problems while on, that have both improved a lot since I got off most meds and have tapered ambien.

I too have a hard time going out places sometimes, unless my husband is with me or if he's home. But when I'm home during the week on my own I do not want to leave my sanctuary at all and it is a bit of a problem sometimes.

I have started to talk to my brain to tell it that I am safe and not to be worried so much, pep talks.

I could not, however, live with my mother! And I'm sorry you lost your therapist, that's hard if you were getting a lot of support that way.

You are definitely not alone! What brought you to the site? Are you thinking that some of your symptoms are worse due to the meds? Here's 2 links you might want to check out, but please let us know if you have questions and what your thoughts are!

Support Groups Support Groups

The Ashton Manual The Ashton Manual

Cheers,

Kachina