Heavy etizolam cold turkey

[Bo...]

I am 2 weeks into a very heavy etizolam habit, at the moment. I am finally out of the hospitalization part, which was reptetive. It has totally ruined my career, every day in this condition will I think. I've been through it all. Doctors wanted me in mental hospitals.

Just sticking out for support. This one I do not see information on. I see all the more prescribed ones such as valium, Klonopin, etc.

I refused prescribed meds. But it is like I had a stroke. I forgot everything. But if I take any, I remember everything. I can not even talk correctly. This has caused me issues at jobs.

Now I do have issues with my brain though. I do have documented damage in my brain.

Hello Borris, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

We don't get a lot of members who take Etizolam, I just need clarification, are you free of it now as well as other benzo's?  It sounds like you were hospitalized for the first of your cold turkey, is this correct?

We can support you as you recover from this, I'll give you a few links to get you started but feel free to ask questions.  We'll answer if we can but as I said, very few have experience with this drug but we understand withdrawal and we all have that in common.

Pamster

The Ashton Manual

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

Cold Turkey, Detox & Rapid Withdrawal 

I actually went through all this and have advised psychiatrists of that manual, and been referred to mental and drug inpatients.

I'll say this

I've had a grand Mal seizure. Brain damage in gaba receptors. I've called the cops on myself. Not being on them put me in multiple situations of people trying to kill me. I have kidney abnormalities.

I seem ok just sitting here, and now drinking instead. After I have been through all the pains.

But I still feel I have lost my memory and I am institutionalized. Etizolam is all that seems to comfort that.

I go off etizolam, and I end up in hospitals.

I've been to rehabs. I've had years in halfway houses. And without etizolam I've been denied jobs and also pointed out at jobs. With it I get my physical life together.

Where to go from here? Disability boards? Institutions?

I still can't walk as good. But. Yeah I'm lost here. I at least turned down ativan and cut off contact with everyone I've known.

Ok let me describe what I seen at a hospital visit recently.

I was sent in for a heart attack possible. My blood pressure was very high, 180/120. My temperature was very low near 95. 3mg Ativan did NOTHING. 10mg valium brought my temperature up and my bp down to 120/85.

That is unreal. After 4 hours it started to go whacky again .

Finally it is seeming stable there.

What you're going through is far outside the experience of our members, we mostly deal with people who have taken a legally prescribed drug in amounts recommended by their medical practitioners, so your situation is difficult for us to relate to.

I'm getting the sense that it would be beneficial for you to take the advice of the doctors and take the prescribed medications, they may be your only hope of getting off the Etizolam.  After all Professor Ashton suggested crossing over from fast acting benzo's to longer lasting ones, crossing over might help you stabilize and taper once you do.