Hello

[En...]

Hello I’m 33 and I’ve been using Xanax for the last 6 months. Only 0.25 at night, only sometimes I used 0.5. I tried to to cold turkey last week but I felt very very bad I tried to push it though for 7 days but then I called my doctor and she told me to taper it off. So now I’m taking half pill of the 0.25, things are better but not great, I feel very tired, dizzy, confused and like with no equilibrium. I was on a moto with a friend and we had to stop because I felt so nauseous, how can I taper it off properly? How long will it take to feel good again? Thanks

[72...]

Hello EnzoIt,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies, I'm glad you are here!  We at BB support a slow taper from benzos to minimize withdrawl symptoms, reducing your daily dose no more than 5-10% every two weeks or so.  It would be helpful if you find the dose where you last felt stable and stay there for a bit before tapering.  You will find taper plans and support on this board:

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)

For support as you taper, you can reach out here:

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Look around and get settled in and when you are ready, you can begin a thread.  We are to help you so please let us know your needs.

Again, welcome,

Kate

Thanks for your answer! Can I divide the pill and take it in like 3 different moments of the day or is it better to take it at the same time?

[72...]

You can divide your pill and take it multiple times a day but it may be too difficult to do this because the dose gets too low for pill-splitting.  Some members switch to a liquid taper when the dose gets too small; this is what I did.  You might want to check out the Taper Support board for more info about tapering:

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)

Is it possible that even taking only a quarter of 0.25 makes me sleepier than when I used to take the full 0.25 pill? I have to say I full tired all day long even if I’m sleeping more hours than usual. An ent doctor told me to let me prescribe Xanax because in December suddenly I started to have a bad tinnitus in my right ear. Now that I’m struggling with Xanax withdrawals I ear an high pitch also in the other ear but I read it’s a common symptom when you try to quit benzo

[72...]
Fatigue can be part of this process, lots of members report this.  I think mine was caused by the stress of it all.    :thumbsup:

Mine is very difficult to cope with. I’m not functional, I stay in bed lot of hours... did you experience tinnitus too?

[72...]

Mine is very difficult to cope with. I’m not functional, I stay in bed lot of hours... did you experience tinnitus too?

No, I stayed functional but some days it took a great deal of effort.  I've read that when we stop doing and going out for any length of time, is becomes increasingly difficult to make ourselves go out and do things; I've always been leery of that.  Can't say that I was always comfortable but trod on most days  :-)