Trying to get off the 17 year train for klonopin

[kl...]

Reasons for joining need support with a klonopin taper and advice on a klonopin taper.

.25 mg of kolonpin for 17 years daily one dose. Now at .5 mg daily once dose a day

Wanting to start taper.

Since I'm a long time user do you see more of %10 cut every two weeks or do you see %10 over 2 weeks?

I'd like also get a copy of this google spread sheet I see people use to taper and document  ;D

[21...]

Hello klonopin kid,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies! Congratulations on your decision to taper off Klonopin.  We're so glad you found the forum - you'll find lots of good information, support and encouragement here from others who understand what it's like to go through this process.

It sounds like you're interested in information about taper plans.  A good place to start is the board on Planning Your Withdrawal. You will learn a lot and when you're ready, you can post questions about your own taper plan:

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)

As you consider what plan would work best, you might want to read the Ashton Manual, an excellent resource about benzodiazepine tapering and withdrawal by Dr. Heather Ashton.  Dr. Ashton is an expert in the field - she suggests reducing your dose by no more than 5% or 10% every 1-2 weeks.  Some people find it works better for them to taper even more slowly.

Here is the link for the manual:

The Ashton Manual

Again, we're glad you found us.  Please let us know how we can help you.

Again, welcome,

Kate

Hello and Welcome,

Just sayin' I signed myself up, through just me, myself and I and some support here, for the low and slow ride after over 20yrs of dependency and there's nothing wrong with it. Occasionally I see others going faster or done and I question it for a minute. It's worked well for me because I was really afraid of letting it go and not sleeping, a big issue. So basically I did 5% every 2 weeks and I'm almost there! Do not what lays ahead when I stop as some people have had big issues from their same w/d.

Wishing you well! Look around and find where you feel right.

Cheers,

Kachina

Reasons for joining need support with a klonopin taper and advice on a klonopin taper.

.25 mg of kolonpin for 17 years daily one dose. Now at .5 mg daily once dose a day

Wanting to start taper.

Since I'm a long time user do you see more of %10 cut every two weeks or do you see %10 over 2 weeks?

I'd like also get a copy of this google spread sheet I see people use to taper and document  ;D

Welcome klonpid kid, I hope you get the help you need.  I'm tapering Klonopin too but at a much higher dose.  I wish you all the best in your taper.  I hope you love it here.

Rf872bb485dfacd5feb932f0b9a8e1d05?rik=hOs2qtKz5cYyjw&pid=ImgRaw