Hi from Ivy

[Iv...]

Hi, I am a 58 years old woman who has been prescribed 2.0 mgs of Clonazepam since March 2016.  Last month, at my request, my Dr. dropped to 1.5 mgs a day.  I feel OK so far but came here for support, as I seek to safely drop to 1.0 daily by my birthday in September, and then take the next steps. 

[6f...]

Hello IvyGibbsville, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

We are glad you are here!  It sounds like you are doing a slow taper which is what we support at BB.  Going slow tends to keep withdrawl symptoms to a minimum and allows one to stay functional.  Are you having any withdrawl symptoms as you taper?  You can link up with others as you taper with this link:

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Of course, there are other boards here that you might find helpful so look around and feel free to post wherever you think might be beneficial to you.  Let us know how we can help you.

Again, welcome,

Kate

Hi Ivy,

Welcome to Benzo Buddies! We are so glad you decided to join the forum - you'll find plenty of information and support here.  Tapering off benzo’s is a process. Our members have gone through all aspects of benzodiazepine use and withdrawal, so you'll be able to connect with others who understand what you're going through and can tell you what has worked for them.

Please feel free to post to any of the specialized boards, which can all be accessed from the BenzoBuddies Community Forum homepage. The following links may be a good starting place for you:

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans) Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php

When you have a chance, I highly recommend that you take a look at The Ashton Manual, which is an authoritative source on what to expect during withdrawal and recovery, authored by Dr. C. Heather Ashton, who is an expert in the field. It provides a great deal of information that can be very reassuring during any stage of this process, including a list of common symptoms with helpful explanations on the reasons for their existence.

The Ashton Manual The Ashton Manual