Is this withdrawal????

[Bu...]

Was taking 2mg of clonezapam for about 5 months daily and then I stopped via cold turkey at the end of April.  How long does withdrawal last?    I get a lot of epigastric or very high abdominal pain, is this a normal withdrawal symptom???    Any feedback is appreciated; I'm in a ton of pain today.

So you've had severe abdominal pain since April and you want to know what's causing it.

Have you seen a doctor about this?

Yes, multiple times.    I went to the emergency room twice and they ran a ton of tests and said everything was normal.

Well I can't recall anyone complaining about severe abdominal pain as a withdrawal symptom - certainly not for two months straight. I know I did not experience that. Nobody here can actually diagnose this problem, and in fact it would be a violation of forum rules if they did so. All they can tell you is whether they have had such a withdrawal symptom or whether they've read about other members who have had this symptom. That would be useful information I'm sure, but it would not be a medical diagnosis.

• 2 weeks later...

I suffered for years with crippling IBS, which vanished with diazepam.

It has since upon completing my taper come back with a terrible vengeance.

Always best to get yourself checked over to, in case it is something unrelated and not good.  :thumbsup:

Yes, I had IBS in previous years and it has come back to periodically torture me with pain and all sorts of digestive issues.  For me, my diet definitely influences my symptoms! 

Good luck!

Was taking 2mg of clonezapam for about 5 months daily and then I stopped via cold turkey at the end of April.  How long does withdrawal last?    I get a lot of epigastric or very high abdominal pain, is this a normal withdrawal symptom???    Any feedback is appreciated; I'm in a ton of pain today.

I initially cold turkeyed my ativan.  Felt worse everyday.  Day 7 I woke at 3 am with abdominal pain.  It continually got worse.  At 6 am I had to call an ambulance, I was literally writhing on the floor.

In ER two doses of IV morphine made it worse.  Finally a dose of dilaudid took the edge off.  A second dose relieved it.

A CT scan and blood tests revealed nothing wrong.  I reinstated and tapered slowly.  When I jumped last November I had awful digestive issues for four months.  EGD and colonoscopy showed nothing wrong.  It's much better now, I just have a flare if I eat something I shouldn't.

I hope you get to the bottom of it.  Mine seemed to be severe gas so I started using Beano and anti gas meds and that helped.  Ginger

My theory is that IBS is from the colon and intestines cramping up, (not the medical terms of course) and diazepam is a muscle relaxant, so once taken away they are going to cramp as they did... also stomach pains from anxiety can be crippling for some, so taken away benzos = super anxious.

Very interesting replies, hope you get well soon, and get it resolved. Stomach ache is not nice.

Also just a note, about 1 week clean from diazepam I had crippling stomach pain that felt like period pains (I have never had them all my life to know) but I wouldn't stand up straight for the pain and balled up on the bed.

Looking back, maybe this was related?  :-[

At the time my partner did a water bottle and I just thought maybe its something of a woman's weird moment.

AJ x