24 Months Today! 2nd June 2021

[Ba...]

24 Months Today! 2nd June 2021

I stopped taking diazepam on 2nd June 2019 and am now 2 years off and feeling good, but I’m not finished.

I’ve not used diazepam or any other pills in this time frame, including vitamins or supplements. I stopped painkillers 30 months ago and antidepressants 39 months ago. I don’t smoke or take any drugs whatsoever. I have eaten fairly clean foods and not denied myself coffee nor sugars but only in a conservative manner. I haven’t drank any alcohol although I may occasionally have a NA beer, maybe 2 small bottles a week.

Most of my symptoms have gone, lessened or I’ve gotten used to them, so I’m not really suffering too much, it’s absolutely definitely better than it was 18 months ago. My sleep is ok although I do have wakefulness, I feel that this is an age thing!

I have always been as truthful with you as well as myself and I do believe that recovery comes to us all...eventually!

I’m not on BBs so much nowadays as I’m back to my hobbies and work, it’s not real work as I work at home with my small holding of various poultry animals etc and just potter my way through life in a remote stone cottage in the English countryside...distraction is key!

Good luck and God bless to you all.

Banana Man...loving life again.

Thank you for coming back and sharing!  Your life sounds simple and relaxing.  Congratulations on getting off of everything.

Looking forward to being off this completely in the next three months.

Outstanding BM....24 is a big one IMO. I am just ahead of you at 27 months. Like you, I am not on here as much as I used to be but I do come back to tell my story to give those behind me HOPE. Time and hope is all we have during the difficult taper and post benzo world.

Keeping yourself busy is key in my book.

Keep us posted...and God Bless...

J

Thanks banana man

It seems best to forget about all this and leave hope for us still in it! 

Congratulations

U

congrats, 24 months is a big deal! Great to hear you are doing well....I am at 27 months and feel great most days. Although, I am struggling again with my brain not turning off at night when I attempt to sleep....I think the benzo brain is still there to a much lesser extent...

Take care and keep us posted...

Ron

J Stone

Thank you for your kind words Ron, having that new love in your life seems to have done the trick  :smitten:

I’m catching you up real fast!

Good luck my friend...Banana Man  ;)

Thank you seasalt  :thumbsup:

Congrats Banana Man.  Love your positive posts by the way.  I have read ALL of them during my waves.  It really gave me so much light when I was in the darkness of withdrawals.

JBen021

Thank you very much for the comments  :thumbsup:

You’re probably in the worst of it at six months but I will reassure you that it really does get better! Benzos favourite trick is to make you believe that you are sick and stuck, that you have something wrong with you and that everybody else will recover, but it’s all a trick on the mind and there’s no convincing that you will be ok. Trust me... you WILL recover and you WILL heal! Just hang in there my friend  ;)

Banana Man...Colin