Olanzapine/Zyprexa water titration

[Ni...]

Hi everyone, I am currently coming off valium and once I’m off I will be waiting a couple of months and then starting a water titration off Olanzapine (Zyprexa). I will dissolve 2.5mg of Olanzapine in 300ml water meaning that I will be dropping 0.0083mg (1ml) per day. My only worry is that as I get to smaller amounts of Olanzapine, dropping 0.0083mg will be a drop of more than 5% every two weeks (more than 10% per month). What are your thoughts on this? Has anyone done a similar water titration? Thank you

My only worry is that as I get to smaller amounts of Olanzapine, dropping 0.0083mg will be a drop of more than 5% every two weeks (more than 10% per month). What are your thoughts on this?

You should not be concerned about any fixed amounts or percentages e.g. 5% vs 10% etc. Rather, focus on your body and your symptoms. Yes, it will be a drop of more than 5%, but how does your body handle it? If you are having issues, then you could cut back and see how you feel. If you are doing really well, then you could keep it going.

The numbers are all general guidelines. Does your tapering allow you to be functional, stable, sleep well, and handle the day?

Thank you darkarchon this is all very good advice! Much appreciated

My only worry is that as I get to smaller amounts of Olanzapine, dropping 0.0083mg will be a drop of more than 5% every two weeks (more than 10% per month). What are your thoughts on this?

You should not be concerned about any fixed amounts or percentages e.g. 5% vs 10% etc. Rather, focus on your body and your symptoms. Yes, it will be a drop of more than 5%, but how does your body handle it? If you are having issues, then you could cut back and see how you feel. If you are doing really well, then you could keep it going.

The numbers are all general guidelines. Does your tapering allow you to be functional, stable, sleep well, and handle the day?