28 months off ... finally my internal tremor is diminishing!

[Re...]

you know what I’m talking about. That really annoying internal tremor or vibration that feels like your whole body is shaking. It’s been one of my most persistent symptoms.

Lately Im noticing significant improvements with this symptom. It used to pretty much be there all the time. Then I think a couple of months ago I started to notice it come and go. Still pretty persistent but there were times when it stopped or barely seemed noticeable.

Now, I would say that it’s mostly gone. I can notice some residual tremors at times, but I would say that it’s vastly improved. No more washing machine spin cycle. For the most part.

Wow. Progress! That took a looooonng time but yay. :) Now if only my other symptoms would go away ...

Fingers crossed that I will see even more improvement by the 36 month mark.

[f0...]
This is great Restoration123.  I just love it when out of the blue I realize that a symptoms which had been bothering me for a while in gone!    :)

This is great Restoration123.  I just love it when out of the blue I realize that a symptoms which had been bothering me has been gone for a while!    :)

Thanks Kate. Yes this is a stubborn symptom! Huge win that it finally seems to be subsiding. Healing happens it’s just slower than what we would like 👍🏼

Restoration. This is one of my remaining annoying symptoms. And so good to hear that your internal tremor is diminishing! I'm so happy for you.  :thumbsup:

Restoration. This is one of my remaining annoying symptoms. And so good to hear that your internal tremor is diminishing! I'm so happy for you.  :thumbsup:

Thanks! It’s been a persistent little bugger of a symptom lol.

My other really annoying long lasting symptom is some head pressure which causes crackling in my left ear. That’s the next one I’m waiting to go away!

Benzo recovery is a wild ride!

[24...]
Congrats on your journey towards recovery. This gives me hope that my inner tremors will eventually stop to. Im 14 months out. Before sleeping at times my body feels like a cell phone along with brain sensations. Thanks for updating us🙏

Congrats on your journey towards recovery. This gets me hope that my inner tremors will eventually stop to. Im 14 months out. Before sleeping at times my body feels like a cell phone along with brain sensations. Thanks for updating us🙏

I do believe that the internal shakes along with tinnitus can hang around for a very long time ... yes glad to know that one of the symptoms is abating for me so that healing is still happening ... just very slowly.

Thanks for sharing guys. Im still pretty early off. About 5 and half weeks but I have this so bad it is do uncomfortable. Do you guys feel it in your chest?

Thanks for sharing guys. Im still pretty early off. About 5 and half weeks but I have this so bad it is do uncomfortable. Do you guys feel it in your chest?

Pretty much everywhere. It’s an annoying symptom but try your best to distract and ignore it. Mine is finally going away ... it only took 2 and a half years 😂

Restoration thank you. Did you also have heart palpatations. I have them all the time. They did not start until I hit tolerance withdrawal. But I had also had Covid and came off the Zoloft around the same time. Dont know know what caused them but its scary. Thanks for your reply.

Restoration thank you. Did you also have heart palpatations. I have them all the time. They did not start until I hit tolerance withdrawal. But I had also had Covid and came off the Zoloft around the same time. Dont know know what caused them but its scary. Thanks for your reply.

I did have some heart palpitations. Not all the time but it happened periodically.

If you came off of Zoloft recently, it sounds like you’re dealing with a double whammy to the nervous system. I am currently tapering off Zoloft at a snails pace, and every single teeny tiny cut is painful.

You will improve in time. I’d recommend taking care of your overall health by working on your sleep, getting good nutrition, and gentle exercise. These medications are poison!

How absolutely wonderful, R123! You must be jumping for joy. Onwards and upwards towards full healing!

I am 16 months off and the body and brain/head vibrations continue to get more intense month after month with no windows. Every week I pray I've hit bottom with these vibrations and that they can't get more intense than this and then they do. I haven't been taking other meds, substances or supplements. Did your vibrations get worse at any point?  I also have musical tinnitus that loops a few notes and buzzing and screeching that accompanies the brain vibration and the sensation of a wave rolling through my body and the sensation of movement all day long (atypical vertigo). Distraction is very difficult and I am exhausted by mid day. Did you have anything similar?

How absolutely wonderful, R123! You must be jumping for joy. Onwards and upwards towards full healing!

I am 16 months off and the body and brain/head vibrations continue to get more intense month after month with no windows. Every week I pray I've hit bottom with these vibrations and that they can't get more intense than this and then they do. I haven't been taking other meds, substances or supplements. Did your vibrations get worse at any point?  I also have musical tinnitus that loops a few notes and buzzing and screeching that accompanies the brain vibration and the sensation of a wave rolling through my body and the sensation of movement all day long (atypical vertigo). Distraction is very difficult and I am exhausted by mid day. Did you have anything similar?

I remember during acute, my vibrations were so bad that I only felt relief sitting in my car with the motor running ... The vibrations of the car seem to cancel out the vibrations of my body lol.

I noticed that the internal tremor would get worse after drinking too much coffee, or consuming MSG or kombucha or getting stressed .... for a very very long time, I did not notice any kind of improvement in this symptom. But now it is going away finally! So the healing happens it is just slooooooow.

As for tinnitus, I did not have this after my cold turkey from Ativan. However it showed up what I started tapering sertraline. At night when I go to sleep I listen to some music to cancel it out.

Healing is not linear. I think that it’s more like a roller coaster with ups and downs. Some people do feel worse before they get better.

I do believe that both of these symptoms (internal vibrations and tinnitus) tend to linger and hang around for a long time. Not fun but rest assured that you’re not alone in dealing with this!

Thank you again. Yes I actually stopped Zoloft in January but only tapered of about a month. I was on 100 mg then got Covid right around the time I had started Klonopin wean. I also tried other Ads after because I did not know anything about any tolerance or inter dose withdrawal. Not like they tell us about it. Either way. Prayers for all of us.

Thank you again. Yes I actually stopped Zoloft in January but only tapered of about a month. I was on 100 mg then got Covid right around the time I had started Klonopin wean. I also tried other Ads after because I did not know anything about any tolerance or inter dose withdrawal. Not like they tell us about it. Either way. Prayers for all of us.

Was tapering Zoloft easy for you? I can’t believe you did it in a month. I’ve been tapering for about two years and I’m only down 10%. As tiny as my cuts are, I feel every one. I’m wondering if my Zoloft taper is so difficult because I’m not yet completely recovered from Ativan withdrawal??? I am hoping it will get easier as I get further along in more fully healed ... otherwise I’ll be tapering Zoloft for another 10 years or so! :(

Restoration, I was still on the benzo and tapered the Zoloft first. Its kind of a blur but it was really hard. I did not know better and the doctor said everything I was feeling was normal. Yea right!!!!!! I was only on rhe Zoloft 5 months. 5 months to long. How long have you been on?

So glad for you. I can't wait until mine goes away (if it ever does). Even though it's not as bad as the beginning, it's still very bothersome.

So glad for you. I can't wait until mine goes away (if it ever does). Even though it's not as bad as the beginning, it's still very bothersome.

It’s a very pesky, annoying symptom for sure.

Thats where I feel mine, in the chest and torso. It only happens when waking up in the morning. I dont notice it any other time. Im blessed for that!

Fp 1984, I also feel it in my chest in the morning. It is sooo weird and scary. My heart is usually beating fast to. Has this resolved for you?

• 2 weeks later...

Fp 1984, I also feel it in my chest in the morning. It is sooo weird and scary. My heart is usually beating fast to. Has this resolved for you?

Hi,

Im 32 months off and still feel the vibrations occasionally. Its not every morning, and usually only when I lay in bed longer than I should. If I wake up, get out of bed and go take a shower, I dont notice them at all. They have also diminished in intensity over the last few months.

• 6 months later...

I sympathize with all of you who experience internal tremors.

In a week I will have 24 months off, and for the last three days I began to experience a tremor in my chest and body that was just terrible in strength. I have experienced it before, it usually becomes strong and noticeable in the morning. But for the last 3 days, I just started to panic from this feeling.

Thanks to everyone who wrote their stories above in this thread. Your experience gives hope and strength to fight further.