Protracted and Feeling Better Now

[bo...]

Thank you for your success story.  I believe you when you say “time” is the true healer.  Wishing you many blessings for you and your family.  😘

[d4...]

Congratulations, Man. Thanks for letting us know that success is possible. Even with the worst of the worst scenarios and especially after coming off the devil's candy klonopin.

You have brought hope and inspiration to many of your fellow BBs with your post, Boom, and what a gift it is!  You proved that there is a happy ending....it just takes Time!  Go live a wonderful life....you deserve it!!!!!

How sensitive you are to stress now?? Can you give an example?? I'm just curious to see if my stress sensitivities is same as yours. I was also very sensitive to stress but I think I have improved .

Congrats on getting better

Dear BBB,

I’m so very happy for you!! I remember so well your same posts day after day and people getting annoyed—-that’s one of the things we do, eh?—-and your persisting in saying how you were feeling, particularly about your family—-and how you wondered if was really the benzos . It was!! Good for you for staying the course, on here and in life.  I’m tearing up just thinking about your being free and enjoying your life. Well done!! And thanks for coming back.

Flibberty

How sensitive you are to stress now?? Can you give an example?? I'm just curious to see if my stress sensitivities is same as yours. I was also very sensitive to stress but I think I have improved .

Congrats on getting better

I've noticed this week when I get stressed at work, I get lightheaded and other times it feels like my head is in overload. It seems to happen when I try to do too much too fast or else lots of people are bombarding me all at once. I just have to slow down a lot.

I mentioned the COVID thing because the stress of getting sick caused me to go into a week and a half wave where I basically had every symptom except insomnia. It was brutal again but it passed very quickly.

Hey boombox !

I'm so glad to hear that you're doing well !

Congratulation !

I know your path has been long and difficult.

But you made it !

I remember you were struggling with anger. It's so disturbing with your family around...

Let say that the best is yet to come known.

when we are able to go throughout this long fight, nothing can stop us !

Enjoy your new life, it's a gift !!

Congrats boombox, I am very happy for you. I know you suffered a lot and it’s great to see you made it to the other side.

BBB,

Thank you for sharing your story. You have been through hell and back only to come out smiling. I quit a much smaller dosage of Xanax CT by accident when I was hospitalized and thought I could taper off 4 mg in like a month. I don't know what I was thinking. Due to paradoxical symptoms and fear of taking it, I ended up cutting 50% right out of the gate and tolerated it OK. My one big symptom is insomnia which I had even with my full dose of Xanax. It is refreshing to hear your recovery from insomnia.

Keep us posted on your progress. We need good news once in a while to keep us motivated.

Thanks ,again, for the post :)

HM

Congrats boombox, I am very happy for you. I know you suffered a lot and it’s great to see you made it to the other side.

Thanks. Did you end up recovering fully? I really figured you would never be back on benzo buddies.

Will you be doing therapy now bbb? This is so scary. Akathisia

No, I probably won't be going back to individual counseling anytime soon, but my wife and I may need couple's counseling because this has really taken a toll on our marriage.

Thanks. Did you end up recovering fully? I really figured you would never be back on benzo buddies.

Most issues are resolved (for now). My sleep is still fragile though I average about 6-7 hours per my Apple Watch. I have a lot more good days than bad. The mental symptoms are gone thank heavens. My one big issue, which is affecting my quality of life, is the exertion/physical issues. If I do too much it throws me back into hell. And I'm talking simple stuff like walking. It's very alarming and I've got young kids that play sports. I had to leave this place for awhile because I was feeling so good outside of not being able to exercise as this entire experience has been incredibly traumatizing - I am sure you can relate.

I did a gentle two mile walk yesterday and even that caused a flare-up. And I've been doing walks for awhile without issue. I know how to handle the waves now but it's definitely tough after feeling so good for so long.

If I could just exercise I would say I am fully recovered. I still have some sensitivities to some foods and haven't dared tried caffeine or alcohol but have been feeling 100% mentally a lot of the time.

BoomBoxBoy,

I just came into the forum because I've gotten a few e-mails about personal messages - figured it was maybe time to come in and answer some of them.

I SWEAR I typed out a long response to your success story, but now I don't see it!!

I hope you know how absolutely THRILLED I am that you've posted your success story.

You were one of my top 3 "besties" from this place - someone I knew I could always call and share symptoms and stuff with.

I remember always sitting in my car waiting for my kid to get out of her one hour college course - or I'd be waiting for her to get out of work - and I'd call to see how you were doing - or you'd be calling me to see how I was doing.  I don't know why, but talking about things always made us feel better.  It was like the symptoms weren't there when I was talking to you, or to H, or T1D or Mom0f3Boys. 

Keep up the great music and HAPPY FATHERS DAY!

Hugs,

Fakeit

FakeIt,

I really appreciate the fact that you were willing to talk to me every day in the early stages of acute. It was so brutal. The conversations helped me to relate to someone and helped me to stay distracted. I distinctly remember talking and walking was when I felt the best during the acute stages, besides sleeping, which of course was hard to come by. Something about being able to talk about it endlessly with someone really helped. I really never thought either of us would ever feel better during the early stages but I'm glad we are both doing so much better now.

I recently came off a day or so wave and then it went away and I actually slept in till 8 this morning. Hasn't happened in years. I'm hoping with each small wave I keep seeing improvement.

Hi Boom box, I know you had bad intrusive thoughts line I have, just wondered if you had rapid cycling of symptoms at all after a while, as have heard can be sign healing. Did put this out as a general question to those who have recovered but got moved  by the moderators!

I did start feeling some rapid cycling when things started getting better. In fact, when I got COVID at the end of April, I went through a benzo wave where I went through pretty much every symptom over a two-week timespan. I had depression, crying spells, rage, intrusive thoughts and urges, paranoia, and low libido. Then it was all gone again.

• 2 weeks later...
Congratulations....I was confident (and hoping) that everything you were experiencing was Benzo related.  I am super happy for you....You have come a long way from the few times we talked on the phone early on in your withdrawal in the dead of winter.  While painful, this experience helps us to grow in so many ways.  Glad you have your life back and are enjoying it once again.  Keep on doing that and if you find the time, help others on this site that are struggling.  :thumbsup:

OMG!  I haven’t been on here in so long and I am SO beyond happy to see your success story!  I was here while you were in the thick of it so remember your posts and my heart broke for you. I am so happy that you are in the clear! 

Btw I am in tears listening to your songs. It takes me back to withdrawals.  I would never wish this experience on anyone but being able to share it with everyone here made it more doable and listening to your songs about it all somehow make me really happy. Can’t really explain it. Pain is so ugly when it’s happening but listening to someone else express the pain you felt has some very unique Beauty. I think it’s because I felt so alone at the time. Your songs are a reminder that I was never alone. Thank you so much for sharing, Boombox