• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [Ma...]

• [Pa...]

• [Me...]

There is no asking for a vaccine here where I am.  You get what was issued to your doctor.  You can call Walgreens and other pharmacies in your area as some may have different brands.  There are so many threads on here to read up on.  They are opinions remember that.  Don’t Google it as you will go down a rabbit hole.  You know as you said in another post that you Google your sx.  Go do life enjoy your kids.  Move on from the health anxiety.  I stress so much that I don’t allow myself to Google anything! 

I went with Pfizer specifically because so many people in various chronic illness communities seemed to be doing well with it.

(The main side effect I had with both doses was a sore arm.)

[f5...]
I agree with Spin The Klono.  I had the Pfizer so maybe I am biased but I've heard about few problems with it compared to the J & J and Moderna.  The Pfizer is being show to have good antibody levels post-administration also.

I got the Moderna. I don’t trust Pfizer to save my life!  I had no issues with Moderna, well I had an uptick in headache, sore arm and extreme fatigue for 48 hours. And I was vaccinated in early 2021 so still pretty much in acute! 

I got the Moderna. I don’t trust Pfizer to save my life!

So nice to know I'm not the only one who feels that way about Pfizer!  :thumbsup:

I had Moderna too. I never got the sore arm though. My first dose was not long after cutting my benzo dose, I had anxiety for 3 days, but couldn't say it was the vaccine. I did have more fatigue after the 2nd dose, spent 2 days in bed a lot. But I am in the tapering process, where you are in the W/D process probably plays a role in how you react. Also, if you are one of the sensitive types that can't handle certain things.

The J&J is only 1 dose, but it is not an mRNA type like Moderna & Pfizer. The mRNA ones tend to be more effective, especially where variants have evolved.

I would like to get Pfizer, but the vaccines are not available here currently... I would like to get some recommendations on some good and working supplements which help with beating the virus. I also heard that COVID can cause ED. What do you think about it? Do you think it is worth it to take some supplements for it like those from [nobbc]Enhance Club[/nobbc], for example? I would like to get any tips from you guys here, thank you in advance!

edit: disabled link

I got the Moderna. I don’t trust Pfizer to save my life!

So nice to know I'm not the only one who feels that way about Pfizer!  :thumbsup:

I had Moderna too. I never got the sore arm though. My first dose was not long after cutting my benzo dose, I had anxiety for 3 days, but couldn't say it was the vaccine. I did have more fatigue after the 2nd dose, spent 2 days in bed a lot. But I am in the tapering process, where you are in the W/D process probably plays a role in how you react. Also, if you are one of the sensitive types that can't handle certain things.

The J&J is only 1 dose, but it is not an mRNA type like Moderna & Pfizer. The mRNA ones tend to be more effective, especially where variants have evolved.

Pfizer has such a HUGE history of law suits for pushing medications for off label use and not disclosing information about their medications it’s crazy!  They are the creators of gabapentin and when it was released it was FDA approved for seizure disorder and they consistently pushed it for off label use for nerve pain, sleep, and anxiety. Told doctors it was safe, no discontinuation syndrome, and non addictive. Took years but a bunch of people finally sued them and they had to pay out millions for not disclosing the full study results which showed discontinuation syndrome and severe side effects. I refuse to take any thing made by Pfizer. They’ve tried to scape goat the severity of medications they’ve released way too many times for my comfort.

Pfizer has such a HUGE history of law suits for pushing medications for off label use and not disclosing information about their medications it’s crazy! 

Yep. The FDA fined them $5 million for telling doctors that Protonix (which they acquired from Wyeth) was approved as a prophylactic for NSAID use to protect from ulcers. That's how I ended up on it. Never had GERD, no GI issues whatsoever. When I stopped the NSAID years later, I repeatedly tried to quit the Protonix. I was having all this acid, so I went back on it. 10 years of this nonsense, found 3 Scandinavian studies showing dependency and Rebound Acid Hypersecretion (RAHS) when stopping them. Then I developed hypomagnesemia and other deficiencies. 4 years of infusions every 3 to 4 weeks. My clueless PCP kept missing the boat. I was the one who figured out it was the PPI causing the hypomagnesemia. She thought I had a kidney issue, even though the hospital ran kidney function tests every time I'd go there, and tell me my kidneys were fine. I finally fired her after she sent me to the idiot GI doctor.

Found a great GI doctor, I found out about the Orphan Drug Netazepide available in the UK, contacted my congressman, who helped me contact the FDA, who approved my importation of it. The GI doctor helped, the place in the UK provided it (It took 8 months for the process), and hypomagnesemia resolved within weeks of stopping the PPI with Netazepide. No RAHS, no side effects. Hypomagnesemia caused panic attack-type symptoms, by year 4 I was very sick and anxiety would increase days before I'd have the 'panic attacks' and I found this is common with this disorder. As soon a I had an infusion, all that would stop. Stupid Psych doc completely ignore my history with hypomagnesemia, puts me on Klonopin. which did nothing to help. Lies to me and says it'll be easy to stop. So here I am tapering. Thanks to Pfizer, at least 6 years of my life are spent living in misery. 

I wouldn't be here now if not for what Pfizer did. So glad my doctors office was using Moderna. 

I got the Pfizer and am perfectly happy with that.  I heard that Pfizer and Moderna are basically the same, the same type and similar efficacy.  I would have been happy with either of those. 

Who created benzos? I hate them. Lol. The others are ok with me. Gabapentin wasn’t awful for me to get off and honestly I think it saved me during wd. Maybe it made my wd last longer but it was less painful probably who knows. I don’t trust any pharmacy company tbh. None of them. So I’m wondering I guess specifically about vaccine reactions on the forum and who’s done well with which vaccines. It sounds like no one has gone back into acute from any

Pfizer has less ingredients than moderna. The allergic potential is similar between the both. Pfizer contains PEG 2000 and moderna contains polysorbate 80. Both are cross allergens, means if you react to one then you react on the other one as well. I am German and prefer Pfizer since German meds are controlled very much. And if I had to choose a chemical med, I would go with Pfizer. But I did not have the choice it was pure luck that I got Pfizer. Here you still are privileged to get the vaccine.

Who created benzos? I hate them. Lol. The others are ok with me. Gabapentin wasn’t awful for me to get off and honestly I think it saved me during wd. Maybe it made my wd last longer but it was less painful probably who knows. I don’t trust any pharmacy company tbh. None of them. So I’m wondering I guess specifically about vaccine reactions on the forum and who’s done well with which vaccines. It sounds like no one has gone back into acute from any

You can figure it out from this link here from the CDC.  It give you all of the information you need to come to the decision that you think is best for yourself.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines.html

I didn't get any vaccine yet but I know alot of people, personally who got the Pfizer one. It seems like the safest one and I know people who had zero side effects from it. If I got the vaccine I'd go with Pfizer. I don't trust any of the vaccines though. Still too many unknowns. This evolutionary biologist has a podcast called Dark Horse.... his name is Bret Weinstein and he’s totally sketched out by the vaccines and didn't get any yet. He is pretty liberal too. If he and his wife, also an evolutionary biologist is not getting vaccinated it makes me nervous to get one yet. I'm still tempted to get the Pfizer vaccine because I’ve seen a lot of people do so well with the. apparently the mechanism of action of how the vaccines cause cellular damage is due to the spike protein response

Following poll on vaccine in ME/CFS which might be relevant to WD.

Ppl seem to be having worse & longer reactions to AZ.

Pfizer seems to cause less probs.

I didn't get any vaccine yet but I know alot of people, personally who got the Pfizer one. It seems like the safest one and I know people who had zero side effects from it. If I got the vaccine I'd go with Pfizer. I don't trust any of the vaccines though. Still too many unknowns. This evolutionary biologist has a podcast called Dark Horse.... his name is Bret Weinstein and he’s totally sketched out by the vaccines and didn't get any yet. He is pretty liberal too. If he and his wife, also an evolutionary biologist is not getting vaccinated it makes me nervous to get one yet. I'm still tempted to get the Pfizer vaccine because I’ve seen a lot of people do so well with the. apparently the mechanism of action of how the vaccines cause cellular damage is due to the spike protein response

There really isn't though(still too many unknowns).......  They came out with the vaccination so quickly because of the SARS virus that was spreading in 2003,  This pandemic was COV-1.  COVID-19 or COV-2 is pretty much this disease just mutated.  So they took the base of the SARS vaccine which had been studied for over 10 years by the time that COVID-19 hit and found the missing piece, which was MRNA.  Added that and boom.....  you have an effective vaccine. 

https://jbiomedsci.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12929-020-00695-2

Just because two biologists do not get the vaccine does not mean that there is something wrong with it.  Biologists can be mentally and emotionally unstable just like any one else in the world.  It doesn't mean their opinion is the correct option.

There really isn't though(still too many unknowns).......  They came out with the vaccination so quickly because of the SARS virus that was spreading in 2003,  This pandemic was COV-1.  COVID-19 or COV-2 is pretty much this disease just mutated.  So they took the base of the SARS vaccine which had been studied for over 10 years by the time that COVID-19 hit and found the missing piece, which was MRNA.  Added that and boom.....  you have an effective vaccine. 

https://jbiomedsci.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12929-020-00695-2

Just because two biologists do not get the vaccine does not mean that there is something wrong with it.  Biologists can be mentally and emotionally unstable just like any one else in the world.  It doesn't mean their opinion is the correct option.

I think you have the wrong idea. Sorry. No one is saying the vaccines are not safe and effective in most cases. There are risks and unknowns still. Those scientists do not seem unstable....

Looks like you just rushed to judgement because of my laxed verbiage. I can assure you, we don't know 100% what the long term out comes are of the vaccines.

After giving this some thought I guess the main thing I am wondering is how credible Bret Weinstein is and should I be listening to him. I didn't get the Pfizer vaccine because of his podcast. I'm not saying that I hang on every word he or anyone says, I'm just the type of person who questions things. Also, I am not trying to make this a political thing like some people seem to do, and I don't want anyone waving their blue finger at me telling me I am some type of right wing, science denying, lunatic because I am worried about getting a vaccine. There really seems to be real unknowns about the long term effects. I would not be surprised if the vaccines are completely safe though. I just need more evidence to prove that it is. One thing that confuses me, is how many people actually had a stroke or died from the vaccines. The democrats all say no one has died from any Covid vaccines and Tucker Carlson says over 3000 people did, which is obviously some type of exaggeration targeted at his audience. I'm trying to keep politics out of this as much as possible, and I really just want to know if the Pfizer vaccine is safe. I saw a video the other day with a woman who had a nasty case of Bells Palsy after getting the shot. It didn't sit well.

After giving this some thought I guess the main thing I am wondering is how credible Bret Weinstein is and should I be listening to him. I didn't get the Pfizer vaccine because of his podcast. I'm not saying that I hang on every word he or anyone says, I'm just the type of person who questions things. Also, I am not trying to make this a political thing like some people seem to do, and I don't want anyone waving their blue finger at me telling me I am some type of right wing, science denying, lunatic because I am worried about getting a vaccine. There really seems to be real unknowns about the long term effects. I would not be surprised if the vaccines are completely safe though. I just need more evidence to prove that it is. One thing that confuses me, is how many people actually had a stroke or died from the vaccines. The democrats all say no one has died from any Covid vaccines and Tucker Carlson says over 3000 people did, which is obviously some type of exaggeration targeted at his audience. I'm trying to keep politics out of this as much as possible, and I really just want to know if the Pfizer vaccine is safe. I saw a video the other day with a woman who had a nasty case of Bells Palsy after getting the shot. It didn't sit well.

Mamoot,

You say you don't want to make this political but you just did.  To anyone responding to this post, tread lightly, stick to the science or this thread will be locked.

Pamster

I was not thrilled with the idea of getting vaccinated. Haven't gotten any for decades and don't want to. Also I had an anaphylactic shock response to something unknown that was quite upsetting ... so that scared me more. Also I have suffered from horrible symptoms for years that I am now seeing may have been mainly the meds I've taken hurting me but was afraid of having horrible flare ups from the vaccines.

I went to an allergist who had tested me when I had the anaphylactic shock and was tested for the 2 ingredients in vaccines and didn't react.

So when I got my 1st moderna I felt nothing, then from the 2nd moderna I felt flu-like and very tired so rested and slept a lot but nothing compared to how I've suffered over the years.

I have a damaged brain that I am afraid of any pill. I can't imagine myself doing experiments with a vaccine.

After some thought I just wanted to add my overall opinion towards vaccines so there is no confusion. I do not know, and we all do not know if they are safe or what the long term effects are, or what they will be. Pretending otherwise, is just that, pretending. In fact, there really is no way to know. And anyone who got the vaccine, will not know about the long term effects for awhile I think. I hope the vaccines are safe, I really do. I wanted to get a vaccine. I still might eventually. I decided to get the antibody test for Covid to see if I ever had a past infection. I've been tested twice and never had a positive result.

Mamoot, the vast majority of people vaccinated have had mild reactions. The US government set up the VAERS database to record adverse reactions to vaccines because vaccinations are a public health benefit and in some places are required by law. Yes there are people who have reactions to vaccines, this has happened since the first vaccine was invented I would imagine. However, this is the largest scale vaccination effort in the history of the world, so there will be more reports of adverse reactions close together because there are so many people being vaccinated in a short time span. Personally, I wouldn’t make the decision to do or not do something based on a podcast that presents very limited information even when those presenting the information are experts in their field.