Hello

[mr...]

Hi,

I am a vet with PTSD and have severe insomnia.

I joined so I can seek more help and insight into what can help me get better.

[b3...]

Hello mrcybershow,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies!  We are a community dedicated to helping members let benzos go from their lives and supporting them during withdrawl.  We would love to hear more of your story as it related to benzos.  Are you currently tapering or have you finished your taper?  For most of us, insomnia is a big issue in withdrawl.  You can find support and help with sleep on this board:

Insomnia

We look forward to hearing from you.

Again, welcome,

Kate

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Mrcybershow,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies. Thank you for your service. I will say that I do hate insomnia!!! But I am beginning to be friends with it rather than be so afraid of it after so many years dependent on ambien.

I can get some bad stress and depression when I don't sleep well or much so always thought I had to use ambien. I'm learning a new way, but am still a newbie here. You can see from my signature that my taper is coming toward the end and I will learn more then.

I'm sorry you can't sleep! Do you have other health issues that are a factor?

People told me about cognitive behavior support for insomnia when I arrived here and I do use some of it and will seek out more education on it if needed.

Do you use a med or some meds? Here's a link to the group I follow at present and there are other posts elsewhere about insomnia.

Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone) http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=97331.0

Let us know what you're going through.

Cheers,

Kachina