Need instructions for one-time batch of Alcohol/Clonazepam brew

[Gu...]

I'm doing a milk taper, and would appreciate some straightforward instructions on making a single batch of alcohol-water-Clonazepam homebrew.  I will be undergoing a colonoscopy, and the milk taper conflicts with the colonoscopy prep.

The final batch will contain 120 mls. of fluid, and one .5 mg pill Clonazepam.

I have 82 proof vodka on hand.

So the questions are:  How do I combine the above ingredients to make a "solution"?

How long does it take for the Clonazepam to "dissolve" in the alcohol before adding water? How much alcohol vs. how much water?

I appreciate any and all help in advance- thanks! 

Hey GumbyGirl! I'm glad you took my suggestion about doing a water/alcohol liquid discard taper for a day. I really hope this works out for you. It should be really simple and work with the tools you have on hand for your milk method, and with the same reduction measurements you're used to.

What I would do is take my measuring vessel (dry) and place the 0.5mg tablet in the bottom with 2.5ml (or half a teaspoon) of 82 proof vodka. Just the tablet and vodka, let the tablet dissolve, stir a bit and then I'd wait as long as was reasonable; maybe 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally. This is an important step, so I'd be careful not to rush it.

Then I'd dilute the alcohol and tablet slurry with water until the total volume of liquid is 120ml. This is why I'd do the alcohol stage in the measuring vessel; no muss no fuss. I'd just add water until I'm at my 120ml measuring line.

Then I'd just stir well, quickly take my reduction from the middle of volume of liquid, and it'd all be just like the milk method in this respect. I'd drink the remaining solution contents, and maybe refill the measuring vessel with some water, stir, and drink that too.

Does this sound like it could work for you?

Can I ask why you start with a 0.5mg tablet when you're at doses below 0.25mg?

Thanks, Slownsteady, for the idea, and for the great instructions.  Sounds easy, and this should last me for a couple of days.

The reason I'm using .5 is that this is what I have in stock.  The Dr. writes prescriptions monthly, but I keep ahead of him and utilize the pills I have in reserve first.  I don't waste much because we take small amounts from the batch each time.

I so appreciate your help! :thumbsup:

I'm so glad I could help!

The reason I'm using .5 is that this is what I have in stock.  The Dr. writes prescriptions monthly, but I keep ahead of him and utilize the pills I have in reserve first.  I don't waste much because we take small amounts from the batch each time.

Oh, I understand; you're doing a mix of discarding and dividing your total volume to get multiple days worth. I think that's an awesome adaptation; you must have some accurate measuring instruments.

A last thought, maybe give this method a try ahead of your procedure, so you won't be worried if it looks funny or something and have added stress on an otherwise stressful day.

I hope your procedure goes well!  :smitten: