Bad at math - please help!

[cl...]

We all know what "illiterate" means.  Well I'm the numerical equivalent.  Numbers make my head spin, and it's not a WD symptom, it's just me.  Hopefully someone can help! 

I'm trying to figure out my current liquid taper percentage.  From .25 mg, I've been dropping .0031 mg Klonopin every 6th day.

I'd be happy to provide more information, but at this point I'm too innumerate (?) to even know what you might need.

thank you!

clearbluesky

Are you trying to reduce by 5% or 10% of each new dose as you go down?  Choosing a fixed amount of mgs each reduction means your reductions are getting  larger. 

10% of .25 mgs means you’re down to .22 approximately. 

Every 6 days may be too fast. 

Maybe this will help.

I divided 14 by 6, to get a value of how many "every 6th day" cuts there are in two weeks.

14/6 = 2.333...

Then I multiplied your reduction of 0.0031 by the number of "every 6th day" cuts in 14 days.

2.333*0.0031 = 0.00723

This means that at your current rate of reduction you are removing 0.00723mg/14 days. This is a linear reduction, meaning that the percent reduction will be going up with each cut. Right now I think your signature says you are at 0.2469mg, so I divide the biweekly reduction rate by this dose to get the percent reduction you're taking.

0.00723/0.2469 = 0.0292

This means that your next two weeks of cutting you will be taking a 2.92% reduction; i.e. you are currently reducing at around 3%/14 days.

This percent reduction will slowly increase, but at 0.00723/14 days, just to give you perspective you could take this reduction schedule all the way down to a daily dose of 0.1mg K and in that range you'd be taking about 7%/14 day reductions, and that's about 10 months away at this rate. To say it another way, if you continue this linear reduction over 10 months your percent reduction will gradually increase from 3%/14 days -> 7%/14 days.

Did I manage to answer your question about your current reduction rate?

Any others?

I was using a dropper like for a young child or animal. I went down “2 lines” every 7 days. I got switched to Valium though so I’m totally confused. I have a math learning disability so this is overwhelming for me I’m happy to help though

I was using a dropper like for a young child or animal. I went down “2 lines” every 7 days. I got switched to Valium though so I’m totally confused. I have a math learning disability so this is overwhelming for me I’m happy to help though

Are you making progress on your reduction? Or do you need help?