Weights & Measures

[Ba...]

Hi All,

So, at last, I have a bumper stash of pills, a set of 0.001 scales, a pill mill, a spatula and a pack of 000 gel caps.

I feel a lot better as it seems a week or so of 10mg has allowed me to find some balance, and I am feeling relatively stable. My persistence has scuppered my past tapering attempts in going too fast - this time, I am going to go slow, slow, slow. Suppose it takes a year or longer, so be it. I will not subject myself to unnecessary suffering to satisfy an unrealistic machismo that I can though this out. These little white pills may look innocuous enough. Still, they are mighty little beasts, and I am finally at a point where I am in no denial about the formidable fighting skills of my enemy in addition to knowing myself a bit better.

So, here are the stats on my pills Bob 7 -

1 x 10mg tablet weighs in at 0.201g

10 x 10 mgs are showing up as 1.999g

I can therefore extrapolate that the pills are probably supposed to be 0.200 g, and variability is minimal.

I do not need to rush here, so I think I will not begin my first cut until next Monday at the earliest. I may even wait another week.

Subject to the green light from you, Bob, I am assuming that cut number 1, which I will try at 10% (i.e. 0.1mg), should weigh 0.02 grams.

I suspect I will be in the right ballpark if I weigh 0.198 grammes for my first salvo. I have been taking a morning and evening dose, so I will divide that figure in two and make up 2 caps a day of 0.099 g. each. I will make up 28 of these (assuming my numbers are correct) and have them ready for a 14-day induction.

As in the past, I have gone down by 50% at a time. I have jumped from 10mg to 5mg and survived it in relative comfort, so I am not feeling too fearful about this first sensible fly-past at informed (as opposed to my previous misguided) tapering.

Is there anything else I need to consider?

Thanks

Bancha:thumbs up:

If you do a cut and hold of 10%. Then your first reduction should be to .180mg daily..... .200-.02=.180mgs.  If you divide that in half then your 2 doses should be .090 each.

Hi Bancha

There are 2 things I would suggest you double check.

1. If you're splitting your dose your numbers seem low to me and I don't know if it would be better to use the smaller capsules? Someone with more experience needs to check your numbers on the maths sheet for you and confirm the capsule size. Like I said I don't know how much weight the smaller capsules take as I'm still waiting for mine to be delivered. You might want to order the smaller ones anyway as you'll probably use them at some stage in your taper and it's not that expensive.

2. In your post you mentioned the little white pills. My pills are orange and so are the pills in the video. If you mix your white pills with the Microcrystalline Cellulose then everything is white and it will be difficult to tell if you have an even mix between the two. I don't know if there's any suggestions for that?

You seem to be in a good place right now with lots of support here.

You can do this!

Hi Bancha,

You need to thank Pamster for helping me find you on this post.

I see others are helping you already which is good.  Best to get all the advice you can and compare.

Here is my input.

(1) Based on your history, I think you can do 10% cuts, at least for now.  After each cut, hold at least 10 days or until your symptoms are tolerable (whichever is longer). 

(2) If sleep is your biggest issue, then taper off the AM dose first.  If daytime panic attacks are your issue, then taper off both at the same time.

(3) Yes, cutting 10% means reducing 0.02 grams.  So cut, sand paper, crush, whatever to measure out 0.18 grams and put it into your gel capsules.

I wish you the best.

Bob

Congrats Bancha on getting this far, and for your slow and steady approach!

I'm really glad that TouchdownIrish was able to correct your math.  :thumbsup:

Regarding Jelly Baby's 2nd concern, I don't think Bancha is mixing with cellulose yet; I think he's using capsules because he's turning his tablets to powder so as not to waste any. And when he does start using filler, I suspect Bancha could just err on the side of "stir and stir well". I suspect that at around the 2.5mg/day dosage range, 10mg tablets will need to either be mixed with filler, or as Jelly Baby suggested, replaced with less potent tablets; sooner if you want to DMT accurately.

I got this dosage range from playing around with this dry taper DMT schedule creator: http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/direct/directForm.php

It's a party in here; I'm so glad you have all this support.

Keep us posted!  :smitten:

Thanks so much for clarifying slownsteady. I must've missed the memo on that one! LOL.

I do realize sometimes when I'm trying to help it turns out being more of a hindrance. In fact my husband would probably say that's an under-statement!

Thank you, everyone, you are all marvellous. I am not sure when I shall begin the taper - it will be any day now. I am enjoying the benefits of being stable on a dose for now. I intend to keep up my drive to get physically and mentally fitter and get going within the next few days. It strikes me as pretty incredible that I could realistically be at zero benzos before August in a perfect world, at least. Now, there's an exciting prospect.

I have had one idea to change my current stable regime to a single dose at night now. I can then get used to a single daily dose at a set time before bed.

When I begin my reduction, I only need to begin by taking one capsule a day. I am confident that the difference between 10mg and 9mg will be barely noticeable, and it will not be long before I am down to 8mgs a day.

Wishing everyone a peaceful and productive Sunday

Bancha