doing much better

[in...]

My 7 mos of hell began last October, when I was prescribed klonopin for an anxiety spike caused by a switch to a new antidepressant. I built up to 2mg/day, but it never really helped. By December, it was clear in my mind that I’d become dependent and that my body needed more. I began tapering and made my jump in mid February. 

February, March and April continued a streak of a level of suffering I don’t know how I handled - deep, barely functioning depression and both mental and physical anxiety that struck me to my core. I’m still struggling with a good bit of depression and a little of the mental anxiety, but the physical anxiety has disappeared as of 4-5 weeks ago and all-in-all I’m in a much better place.

I’m convinced that the dependency was real and that it lingered for months beyond my final dose. But I had to return to share my success and to perhaps provide some hope and encouragement to any of you praying that some level of relief might be around the corner.

David

Thank you for sharing your success!

Glad you recognized tolerance fairly early on. As bad as you had it, it could have been oh so much worse and dragged on and on before the light bulb came on.

So happy for you!! xx