Please help celebrate this milestone with me

[Tr...]

My dearest... I get private messages from buddies like I used to private message others over a year ago. It feels so weird. That I’m the one who can offer hope now. I had no hope I honestly wanted to die. My life has changed. I keep waiting to be like how I was before this experience but then remember I will never be the me before this. I am waiting for my full healing but want you to know I have made such huge improvement! Through this I was forced to re-evaluated my life. I quit a toxic job. I now know what’s important to me. Ive learnt to listen to my body. I know who loves me. I know who my real friends are. I know the healing power of foods. I have empathy like never before. I have recently started an amazing job and the milestone is I chaired a meeting today with no effort. I presented, was in control, confident! Once done I drove home, had more online meetings. Wrapped up, went out for some social engagements, came home and prepared dinner. All these activities I could not do all of last year. Most of last year I couldn’t function. I hid as much as possible. And now I don’t need to do that. Today, at no point did I feel any pain. To you new in this process, no you have not ruined your life for ever. Your brain is not permanently broken. It will ever so slowly get better. Dig deep down for all the strength you can find inside and hang on tight. It does get better. I’m now planning a trip on a 12 hour flight and I can’t wait! To those feeling better, please write about it to give others hope. Some days I don’t want to write because I think I’m not fully healed yes so what is the point, but there is a point. It’s to show others that it does get better. Better enough to feel joy, live normally, have fun, succeed. So hang on please... you can do it...

Trying2BHopeful,

This is great & VERY ENCOURAGING! Thank you for spelling out what you are able to do now, and that our brains are not ruined forever!

You're paying it forward, thank you for remembering those still struggling, they need to know recovery is possible.  :smitten:

Love this post my friend!!

Even I see the changes in you by how you write in this past year +. So glad life is coming back around to you. We def learn things in this don't we?

You've been great to me in this journey  - I have so appreciated your presence and input in my life.  :smitten:

8)

Wow Trying!!!!  Thanks I related so much.  I’m 5 months 1week, was getting sooo down.

Just sooo very happy for you.  :-*

Thank you buddies. The book “The anatomy of an epidemic by Robert Whitaker and the people on this site saved my life. And I don’t say this lightly, I’m sure a lot of you understand. Thank you all so much for all the responses over the last year and the friendship during the most traumatic time of my life. It does get better and I’m glad to have witnessed similar healing in some of my friends here...  you know who you are... ❤️❤️❤️

Thank you for your presence and encouraging words on this forum, Trying.  You always seem to lift spirits when they need lifting most.  Congratulations on this milestone, and I cannot wait for your total and complete healing success!

You words are inspiring and your story is one that will reassure many buddies who are still fighting the good fight.  Thank you and I hope your many tomorrows find you happy and healthy!