I have recovered and this helped

[...]

About 6 years ago I was a daily frequent visitor in this site. You know the OCD combined with the sickness. I had all the hallmark symptoms, head pressure, brain fog, emotional numbness, blindness....and pain.

But now I am back to living a normal successful life. I cannot even remember all those symptoms.

From the journey of my recovery I learnt most important factor for recovery were 2 things: diet and faith.

I cannot stress enough of the importance of your diet.

You must eat clean. Remove sugar, dairy and gluten. Remove all the inflammatory foods. Looking back, anytime when I had major set back was when I was having some latte or cake or sweet fruits. This put me back 6 months or longer. Additionally find out what food triggers your flare up. I discovered I am super allergic to nuts and beans.

Combined with clean diet, Intermittent fasting is the best medicine to your body. Start with a gentle one 6/18 hr fasting.

Having religion was critical for my recovery. I am a buddhist. My recovery just speeded up since having faith in buddhism. The reason is very simple. You are sick because your mind wants to be sick. It is hard to believe but it is actually you that wants to be sick. So if you want to be healthy, you have to change your mind first. That is what buddhism does: cleaning your mind.

In my case I read and recite Diamond Sutra. This helped me tremendously. Since reading Diamond sutra, I got my dream job, I don't worry about money anymore and most importantly healthy. But I believe any other religion works too.

All in all you can recover. If I can do it, why not you!

Thanks for returning to provide an update.  I’m at 15 months off…didn’t realize that till right now…for the longest time I was looking forward to the next month off and always remembered the date of my jump but now the months just pass.

Now that I am feeling better (though not fully healed), I have the energy to focus on my health.  If I could stay away from chips and things like that, I would be great. 

You have to reach a point where the symptoms are manageable and then you can start focusing on your overall health. 

Im glad to hear that you are healed.  These stories help people who are still in the early stages.

Hi, 1234,

Thank you for an enormously uplifting post. Reading it has enabled me to channel my thinking into a positive realm. I meditated on your words, and I feel a great deal of strength from your conclusions.

I am thrilled to read you are so well and look forward to joining you in liberation when time allows.

Cheers,

Bancha

About 6 years ago I was a daily frequent visitor in this site. You know the OCD combined with the sickness. I had all the hallmark symptoms, head pressure, brain fog, emotional numbness, blindness....and pain.

But now I am back to living a normal successful life. I cannot even remember all those symptoms.

From the journey of my recovery I learnt most important factor for recovery were 2 things: diet and faith.

You must eat clean. Remove sugar, dairy and gluten. Remove all the inflammatory foods. Looking back, anytime when I had major set back was when I was having some latte or cake or sweet fruits. This put me back 6 months or longer. Additionally find out what food triggers your flare up. I discovered I am super allergic to nuts and beans.

Combined with clean diet, Intermittent fasting is the best medicine to your body. Start with a gentle one 6/18 hr fasting.

Having religion was critical for my recovery. I am a buddhist. My recovery just speeded up since having faith in buddhism. The reason is very simple. You are sick because your mind wants to be sick. It is hard to believe but it is actually you that wants to be sick. So if you want to be healthy, you have to change your mind first. That is what buddhism does: cleaning your mind.

In my case I read and recite Diamond Sutra. This helped me tremendously. Since reading Diamond sutra, I got my dream job, I don't worry about money anymore and most importantly healthy. But I believe any other religion works too.

I agree… although it’s difficult for me to give up coffee and I don’t.  :laugh:  I have changed things in my diet as well and added supplements. I believe in faith 💯 percent too.  My faith is God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit and He definitely helped me through a very difficult season in my life.  Congrats to you and thanks for sharing!  :thumbsup:

[13...]
Interesting, as I already had what little religious beliefs shaken even before this crapola happened to me. Going thru this experience did not help me at all, and I find myself even more agnostic than I was before.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your post,

Would you be so kind as to advise which fruits you did consume?

Thanks in advance!

--Tyler

[66...]
I will be going on a strict diet along with 15-16 hours fasting to accelerate / regenerate the damage nerves I currently have for at least 6 months  hopefully by December 2021. I am aiming for 75% or more healing by than. Ive studied many different diets on how the body heals. I think i founded a combination of things that might help along with prayer. I'll let you guys know my results to anyone who needs help getting through this mess. Anyhow congratulations on your recovery and thanks for sharing your success story  :smitten:

• 2 months later...

Congrats… my faith has helped me too! Praise God and Jesus… the Author and finisher of my faith! The Bible says a lot about the way a person thinks.  There are so many scriptures!!  Blessings to you and  yeah on your taper!!!