Over a year off all symptoms better except head pressure and burning

[un...]

Hi everyone,

Haven't been on here in a long time now.  A lot of my symptoms have faded a lot.  I no longer have emotional numbness and DP/DR.  My depression is almost gone - I workout daily and keep busy with interests.  My general anxiety is hanging around and it makes it tough when searchig for work. COVID has ruined my career as a fitness trainer and I feel lost and stressed.  Thank God I can sleep alright now.  I average 4 or 5 hours. 

The thing that remains and is intense is the crushing and squeezing head pressure like there is a band around my head.  If this has not changed much at all in a year is there even any hope that it will get better?  Another thing that has been constant is the tinnitus.  I am used to it now and could live with it.  The head symptom is another story. 

Anyone know someone who has had the head pressure for over a year and gotten better?  Please let me know. 

I hope I have provided some hope for people.  I was a pretty horrific case.  If the head stuff would just leave I would post my success story. 

I had severe head pressure and it’s very mild to non existent now... it really does get better and will eventually go away...

[17...]

I had horrendous head pressure - all gone now. Congratulations on your milestone!

Once my anxiety is gone, I will declare success. It's about 2% better per day, so...maybe we will declare success together one day soon!

[70...]

I get those rubberband headaches, and I'm still tapering.

That is my worst symptom!

If I didn't have that, life would be better.

I hope it goes soon for you.

Winnie

I don't quite understand what pressure in the head is. I have very severe muscle spasms that compress my head, face and neck. I wanted to ask, when you talk about pressure in the head, do you mean spasms the muscles of the scalp and face?

Did anything help with the head pressure? What do you think causes it? It’s really irritating, I notice when I sleep well it’s a little less, but otherwise it really sucks!

Hi Arnold,

To answer your question, the head pressure is more of a squeezing sensation.  It is like all my scalp muscles are stuck in contraction.  My face feels tight too.  It is a very oppressive and uncomfortable feeling.  Impossible to ignore.  I wonder if this is permanent nerve damage.  I don't see people recovering from this if it has gone on longer than a year or so. 

Hi Arnold,

To answer your question, the head pressure is more of a squeezing sensation.  It is like all my scalp muscles are stuck in contraction.  My face feels tight too.  It is a very oppressive and uncomfortable feeling.  Impossible to ignore.  I wonder if this is permanent nerve damage.  I don't see people recovering from this if it has gone on longer than a year or so.

Just want to chime in - I had healed for 2 years, but back in it. I had this and now have this pretty badly, as I just got back in it after being off since April 13, 2018. Healed sometime in 2019. Woke up feeling it a week ago. Facial tightness and numbness everywhere. Mine wore off, even after having it for about 1.5 years. A lot of this can be caused simply by generalized anxiety. I would massage my face regularly, and even though it didn't help at the moment, I would like to think it did as it faded. It's also important to get a good regular sleep. This is major in healing! So try as much as possible.

Wish me luck, I feel like hell and like I am back in acute, but I hear this can happen to some people. Trying to find support myself as I just feel scared. It's hard to keep hope going but trying really hard. If anyone sees this and knows of this and wants to share, please do. All of it means a lot. This is why I spoke up about the issues I had but passed. I remember, we ALL heal. We might feel it again, but it gets better, I mean it.

[17...]
When someone has a return of symptoms after a long time, I always suspect HPA acid dysfunction, usually a blunted or hyperactive cortisol response (usually the former). There are some papers written about this with ptsd and other stressor. I can attach them when I’m on my computer. This resolves on its own but is a strong indicator that you need rest. Maybe consider checking AM cortisol to start. Even low normal or high normal can be a clue. Sending healing vibes.

When someone has a return of symptoms after a long time, I always suspect HPA acid dysfunction, usually a blunted or hyperactive cortisol response (usually the former). There are some papers written about this with ptsd and other stressor. I can attach them when I’m on my computer. This resolves on its own but is a strong indicator that you need rest. Maybe consider checking AM cortisol to start. Even low normal or high normal can be a clue. Sending healing vibes.

I would love to hear about whatever you've got. Things have settled down a bit, but always great to hear it. Things have been improving, but this internal shakiness crap is annoying and needs to go away soon. I have heard from a number of people that this could just be a wave and maybe be done, as some have it as their last thing before it's over. No idea. But I do feel a lot better this second compared to how I did when I posted it.

A word of positive advice for anyone who sees this - the brain is naturally healing. Good nutrients, good sleep, avoiding stress, and neurotoxins of all kinds will put you in a great place for healing. That is how I did it the first time. As a preference, I went with a Whole Food Plant-Based diet and over time it really got rid of a lot of my issues, including the OPs symptom that has been left behind. A lot of it has to do with nerves being triggers in the CNS. We have to remember that while it feels uncomfortable, it's just trying to do its thing and heal. I would rather feel it than not because it shows that it's still working. The same thing with our hearts, they got up and down, because the body is working. It's functioning. Maybe not comfortably, but it is.

Remember that and you will heal. We all do. Don't second guess yourself.

I had severe head pressure and it’s very mild to non existent now... it really does get better and will eventually go away...

Was it the internal ‘pressure’ or the external feeling of head being crushed & pulled around?

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi everyone,

Haven't been on here in a long time now.  A lot of my symptoms have faded a lot.  I no longer have emotional numbness and DP/DR.  My depression is almost gone - I workout daily and keep busy with interests.  My general anxiety is hanging around and it makes it tough when searchig for work. COVID has ruined my career as a fitness trainer and I feel lost and stressed.  Thank God I can sleep alright now.  I average 4 or 5 hours. 

The thing that remains and is intense is the crushing and squeezing head pressure like there is a band around my head.  If this has not changed much at all in a year is there even any hope that it will get better?  Another thing that has been constant is the tinnitus.  I am used to it now and could live with it.  The head symptom is another story. 

Anyone know someone who has had the head pressure for over a year and gotten better?  Please let me know. 

I hope I have provided some hope for people.  I was a pretty horrific case.  If the head stuff would just leave I would post my success story. 

How long did it take to recover from dp/dr, anhedonia, no emotions, blank mind? I suffer the same things, plus lots of akathisia and anxiety. Anything special you did that you can recommend?

Also have headpressure.