Zopiclone 15 mg, 2.5 years - valium crossover

[Ne...]

Went down to 11,25, Mg's without to many issues. Stayed there for about one month, then I started my Valium crossover. Since I'm doing this on my own, I only have 5 and 10 mg pills,  which are both easily chopped in 4 pieces, so I can decrease by 1,25 mg every cut. Last cuts I Will

crush the pills and split up the dust.

So this is how my taper looks,

7 days - 5 Mg's of Valium and 5 Mg's zopiclone

Stopped zopiclone and only using Valium.

7 days - 7,5 mg

7 days - 6,25 mg

10 days - 5 mg

10 days - 3,75 mg

10 days - 2,5 mg 

10 days  -1,875 Mg's <—- this is where I an now, on the first day.

Upcoming cuts

10 days 1,25

10 days 0,625

Its a bit faster then the ashton method, but these are the only pills I can get my hands on.

I have pain in my back, neck and in my teeth, heart raising etc. Anxiety, would have had serious sleep issues if I didn't have the possibility to smoke some MJ before going to bed. Thank god its legal.

It does on occasion give me panic but helps me sleep.

I also use betablockers to keep my heart sane.

What do you guys think of this? I wish I had the possibility to go slower but unfortunately, I dont.

When my taper is over I'm completely out of pills. Without the possibility to get more. I now realize that I should have gone faster in the beginning to keep my lower doses for longer, but not much to do now.

Pretty scary.

Edit: Content

You will not die in your sleep.  Put that fear away.  It won’t happen from tapering.  It is a symptom of withdrawal to be so anxious.  Recognize it as a symptom, not as a possibility.  I wish you could slow down, too.  You’ll make it through. 

Since you have a limited supply of pills and you've started your taper and are intent on finishing it, I'd say its a great plan.  We do what we have to do and the great thing is you're doing it.  I'm amazed at your commitment to this process and your perseverance in order to complete it.

Zopilcone is a nasty drug and you're going to be free of it.  I was on Ambien and life is so good without it, I could only sleep for 2 hours at a time when I was taking it and it was terrible quality sleep, so you're doing the right thing.

You're not going to die in your sleep, you're not going to be sleeping that much so no worries, right?  ;)  Your body is going to thank you when you recover from this mess.

Take a look at this list of sleep suggestions, I think its a good one. http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=235100.0

• Like 1

That’s a pretty fast taper. Maybe u should just sit a little while and let those cuts catch up x

Will ur dr not give u any more? Love that they can hand out zop like tic tacos but Valium is a no no. Morons

Thank you so much for the support. This forum truly is amazing.

The sleep-tips will probably help me alot, but needs some exercising.

Do you guys think my taper is way to fast? It is almost the same pace as the ashton-manual.

I really wish I could go slower and wait for the cuts but as I said I cant get more Valium. Unless I go and try to score some on the streets, which I would never do.

I'm still afraid of seizures, thinking to much of them.

I'm still able to take long walks, its keeps my mind busy and I get really tired, not so tired that it puts me to sleep, but still, its some relief.

The anxiety and small muscle spasms usually peak during bedtime.

As I mentioned before I smoke weed sometimes before bedtime, usually helps me sleep but increases the anxiety for a while. I do not re comend this to anyone, but for me it seems to work.

So now I'm on the sixth day, of 1,875 milligrams. 4 more days until next cut down to 1,25.

A friend of mine offered me 10 1 milligram xanax pills but I declined the offer, I have absolutely no use for them since theyre impossible to cut in small doses.

As I recounted the pills today I realized I can gold 1,25 milligrams for 12 days and 0,625 milligrams for 14 days. What do you guys think of this?

I had anxiety before writing this, but I got some relief reading your replies. I'm thinking I'm doing the right thing. Thank you so much! so much gratitude!

You sound good and you sound determined so I'd say keep doing what you're doing.  I'm glad you turned down the Xanax, no need to add that into the mix since you've made the cross to Valium. 

It's great to hear you're able to walk, I did a lot of that too, well some of it was pacing but hey, its exercise, right?  ;D

We have many members who say cannabis is useful so no worries about mentioning it, I'm glad it can give you some relief.

As for your dose reductions and holds, since you have a limited supply, just keep an eye on your symptoms and if you can get away with holding less when you feel stable then you might be able to hold longer if your reduction is too difficult.  In other words, don't put yourself on a set time schedule, let your body decide when the time is right.

If you have confidence in your schedule then that's all that counts and it's a huge thing to have that confidence, so many members doubt everything they do and that just increases their stress then their symptoms.

I'm impressed with your attitude.  :thumbsup:

Haha yeah. Turning down the Xanax was probably a good idea. Also, I do know he still has them and if everything feels like shit when I’m out of pills I know I can call him, thats a big relief just to know it. But still I wont. Ill just use them in my thoughts^^

Haha yeah, walking is good, keeps the restlessness away!

Also, I edited my post above, the spell-check changed ’sleep-tips’ for laptops. Didnt really make sense.

Thanks alot for the link!

And super-thanks for the support!

Truly amazing forum!

Spell check ugh, I feel like I'm in a war with my phone sometimes, I type, it changes it, I type again, it changes it again, seems like about the third time I win, sheesh.  :P

The Xanax, it can be comforting to know its there, especially since you have concerns about seizures but I doubt you need to worry about those unless you have a history of them.  Your taper may be rapid but its slow enough to keep you safe.  We actually don't see many members have them, unless as I said they have a history.

Haha yeah, same here. Hard doing this on the small screen.

I actually tried quitting them CT one year ago, I had like really big spasms in the neck when I slept. On the fourth day. No seizure, but still it was CT and the half-life of zopiclone is so low. Thats probably why I worry!

But still, theres a big difference of doing what I do now and going CT, even of its fast its still like 90 days tapering.

Tonight I had like a really big spasm when falling asleep, like in the stomach so it moved my whole body. These things freak me out since I sleep alone. Terrified. Ideas? Anyone?

I understand being freaked out but its just your body's reaction to the lessening of the drug.  Benzo's are great muscle relaxers and when we take them away our bodies complain.  We think of muscles being in our arms and legs but they're all over our body and during benzo withdrawal we manage to find each and every one of them.

I would try not to worry about this sensation, I know easier said than done but my feeling is you're doing the right thing and making great progress so keep doing what you're doing.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah but its freaking me out, the lower the dose goes the scarier it gets. My panic usually increases alot just before bedtime..

Thanks for the huge support, the forum is truly amazing.

Still afraid of a seizure in my sleep. I’m down to 1,25 mg and been so for seven days. Then I will use half that for 14 days before I jump. Just the thought of it freaks me out.

Thanks alot Pam, youre a good medicine, takes my axiety away like Benzos.

Wow, you have an end in sight, that's exciting!  Yes, I know I say exciting and you say scary but it's my job to calm your fears when the drug ramps them up.

I remember having so much fear when I was taking Ambien, I was so afraid to go without that I went to extraordinary lengths to get more I'm ashamed to say.  But you know what, when I was forced into a cold turkey because the worst happened and I was unable to get more, it was the best thing that could have happened.  So I went without sleep for a few days, so I was tired and exhausted but that was nothing compared to the fear I had of running out.  My worst fear turned out to be a big fat lie the drug was telling me and when I was finally free of it, the fear was gone.

This stuff is powerful, it wraps itself around every part of us from the physical to the mental and emotional and it rules our lives and aren't you just sick of it? 

You're going to be okay, I'm looking forward to your complete recovery, I can see it now.  :smitten: