Approaching 3 years, and sharing my experience

[da...]

I am approaching 3 years since my last Benzo. It’s been a challenging yet rewarding experience. My recovery probably saved my life. Shortly before my recovery, at a time when I was getting severe withdrawal symptoms between doses, I did not believe I had the strength to get off these pills. But I did, and it’s evidence that anyone struggling with Benzo dependence can successfully recover. Thanks

Are you healed now? I'm 27 months off and I feel worse now than ever. The last 2 weeks have been more intense and im not able to do as much. I never felt this bad and scared.

Although I would not consider myself “fully healed”, I have improved enough to enjoy life and even pursue some goals and dreams. I had a rough time from months 23-27 (May 2020 to August 2020) and was feeling pretty lousy and low. Around this time, my doctor put me on Paxil and I felt a noticeable change. I also started some CBT and forced myself to challenge negative thoughts, even if I didn’t believe it. By October/November of 2020, I felt something I hadn’t for some time - hope. I still struggle with social anxiety......I have no issue speaking in front of a 1,000 people, but struggle with the one of ones or in a group setting. I’ll just need to work on it and push myself to get out there and talk to some people.