Day 515 off benzos. Hang in there everyone

[Jd...]

These 500+ days have flew by fast. Just checking in. I feel for everyone on here. Reading the stories of the people just starting there journey and having the withdrawal symptoms and are scared I know how that was. Just try and stay strong and keep riding it out. I know the bad anxiety, sleepless nights with insomnia, feeling like your never going to be able to get back to a normal life without having these meds to make you feel normal. It took me about six maybe five months to fully start snapping out of it an feeling back to myself. The symptoms don’t all ease up at the same time but eventually they all catch up to each other. I was constantly depressed  off an on the eleven years I was on Ativan. I haven’t dealt with that for at least a good year now.  I’m almost practically not taking any meds for the first time since 2009. I did have a anti depressant after I got off to help but I’ve pretty much just got off of those and if you would’ve told me I would be med free two years ago I’d never have believed it. There’s no shame in having to use a AD. Whatever it takes to help you get through the worst phase you do what you have to do. I hope everyone has a nice weekend and stay strong it will get easier.

Thanks for your story.  I feel vastly reassured when I read success stories of long term users.  Thanks for being a light.

Thank you for this. As someone who just started tapering a week ago I’m having one of those days of heavy anxiety and chest pains. I’m hanging in strong and staying with the taper not upping the dose. Congratulations and I will be where you are one day! What anti-depressant helped you through it?

Thank you for sharing your story. I love reading that people do heal. I'm almost ready to jump so I'm on here to read stories of healing and muster up some courage. It's strange - I have nothing but disdain for this medication but I've taken it for so long it feels almost like a compulsion to take a pill. I'm going to start taking a multivitamin instead.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I'm happy for you that you're doing so well. Hopefully, we're right behind you.  :thumbsup:

Thanks for the nice replies

Twindubs I was on Zoloft . Started at 50 mg went up to 100mg. I’d say it helped me especially through the beginning but as I got better I pretty much would forget to take it an realized I was doing pretty well without it.

Flyonthewall I know what you mean. I always would think to myself why do I have to rely on this tiny pill twice a day every day to feel normal. Or what I thought was normal. I think it was more like I was taking it to avoid ever having to go through another panic attack or depression episode. But I knew deep down I was going to have to go through hell when I eventually had to get off of them. But I had a lot of regret for years each dose I’d take .

Thank you so much for posting this message of hope for our members.  Many of us clung to Success Stories during the dark days of withdrawal, reading yours will be a glimmer of light.

Thanks again and enjoy your life.

pianogirl  :smitten: