5 months

This week I celebrate completion of 5 months after jumping.  I thought tapering was difficult but these post-taper months challenged me to my core.  It was hell on earth if I am being totally honest.  Going into month 6 I am more hopeful and feel marked improvement.  It is slow progress, really slow, but it is progress.  Making it this far is reason to celebrate!!

I am getting better sleep, windows are lasting longer, anxiety is still severe but not debilitating.  I am recovering from panic and anxiety attacks more quickly (days in place of weeks).  The only thing that is still not letting up is air hunger, overbreathing and just feeling like i cant breathe well.  It doesnt take over my life though.

I’ve been able to work this whole time only because I have a job that allows me to work from home.  I have learned so much about coping skills and distraction.  I have learned to make bread, cupcakes, garden, and organize everything.  Working and distraction have saved me.  I have had to take sick days 1-3 days a week but even that is better.  The last several weeks I have been able to work the whole week.  I still dont think I could leave the house for long or travel long distances.  I could not work in an office just yet.

It does get better.  There were times where I didnt think I would make it even another hour.  It is better.  Today I celebrate.  I am healing.  It is way slow but I am healing!

[51...]
I'm sorry this is taking so long, but glad that you're making progress.  I hope to read your success story soon.

Congrats! You are healing! I’m with you... it feels way slow, and I’m really wishing it would speed up, but in one month from now, in spite of hardships, you’ll be able to say ‘I’m better than a month ago’, and so on. In the moment, each month milestone feels a little harder in some ways, and I think it’s because we are becoming more resilient, and less willing to let this nightmare rule.... we’re fed up! BUT, I chalk that all up to strength we didn’t know we had before all of this.

My worst and most troubling symptom is air hunger, too. I totally relate... it sucks. It will go eventually!

Keep going!  :smitten:

[e6...]
JBen021, congrats on five months!  Those milestones feel so good.  Good to hear you are recovering and getting your life back.

[cf...]
Congratulations! The worst is behind you! I just posted my 7 month milestone, and was thrilled to report feeling better. I know it will come for you too.

I too wish this would go much faster for us, JBen, but we will get there.  Congratulations on the milestone though, and those newfound baking skills may be a boon for distraction now, but when fully healed, let the celebratory baking begin!

8)

Ben,  so glad your doing good! I’m starting 5months right behind you.

Trying to work distraction.  I’ve been hit with senses being off. Taste touch now slight

Smell. ( was strong, now weak). Crazy, so crazy. Hope they come back.  So cupcakes are out lol.

So happy for your milestone I hear it gets better, better  inch worm  :smitten:

[8c...]

Congnrats JBen!

It sounds like things are coming along.

I'm sure you'll be great in a few months.

Winnie