7 months and 1 day

[80...]

[80...]

It’s been 7 months and one day. Early on in the process, I was so debilitated and symptoms were so horrific that I couldn’t write about it or come here much. It sounds ironic, because I really could have used the support. I suffered so much, and each day I wasn’t sure how to go on. I kept thinking - come on, just a little longer, you are almost there.

At 3.5 months, I started seeing little improvements but things were still really hard. There were many times when I thought I’d have to reinstate, but I feared it wouldn’t work, and I’d be worse off. This is likely true. I went through many cycles of thinking I couldn’t make it, and many of you reached out and encouraged me that I could.

Now, at 7 months and 1 days off, I am back in a window for the past 4 days. It is the best window that I have had, starting off at around 10:30am after the morning anxiety wears off and lasting the day. My hormones seem to change everything, and they will be falling in a few days which seems to happen every good stretch I have, sigh. But, even the hormones wreak less havoc than they did a few months ago.

For anyone reading this, I want to encourage you to make decisions to treat or not treat symptoms not just based on fear that you will have a bad reaction or suffer. Base them on science, on your individual physiology, guidance from your doctors and guidance from others here. There may be treatments that work well for you that didn’t for others and vice versa. I have tried many things that others did not do well with, but they worked for me. These include low doses of mirtazepine for sleep, occasional doses of kratom for horrid days of high anxiety, very low doses of Zoloft and tianeptine for depression, and baclofen for anxiety. All of played their role in helping me get here successfully, and all have caused one person or another increased symptoms. Everyone is different.

Celebrating 7 months off and continued healing. Wishing healing to all.

8)

Fluff,

Happy dance too you. My short time here, I’ve read your trials. However you

Always manage to encourage others in your cool way. Yep hard to know what to take

We’re all so different. 

Hang tough. Kitty mama :smitten: