Instrusive Thoughts / Depression/ Anxiety - Help

[Ra...]

I am sad and scared... My last doze from Ativ 44 days ago ..

New symptom surfaced during 20 days.. . I didn’t know it is instrusive thoughts and I entertained it.

Almost losing myself when i cannot take control :) Making me so fearful ..

I already feel depressed, anxiety after insomia for first 20 days with this instrusive thoughts.

I don’t know how long i can take it ..

My high blood pressure very high 160/100/85 continuous for a few days .

I am on medicine to control it . My sleeping is affected ..Adrenlina rush also surfaced ..

I cannot go out jogging due to the panic attack and everything ..

So damn it ..

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Serene Ong.  This healing process can be very scary.  There are so many symptoms for us to deal with minute by minute, day by day.  The intrusive thoughts are lies.  Do not believe them.

I felt the same way during my first few months.  It DOES get a lot better.  I still have anxiety and some depression but it is so much better now.  Those intrusive lies do not exist for me anymore.

Take it day by day.  Each day is a day toward being fully recovered.  You WILL heal from this.  It will just take time, patience and bravery.

I hope you feel better soon.

Thank you Jben021 for your reply and encouragement .

I’ll be patience and look forward to healing ^^

Serene, it is so difficult.  If your BP is affected, I'm wondering if you are in full-on withdrawal?  When I went CT, my low BP went thru the roof as did my HR.

Be gentle with yourself.  You don't have to jog if it triggers you.  I used to isolate and lie on the couch which is very hard for me.  But just telling myself that I feel awful but I am ok, I'm terrified but I am ok, I can breathe and to focus on taking one deep breath...relax your body if you can.  And distract?  Can you listen to podcasts?  What really grabs you?  If you can, just rest and try to focus on distracting yourself with some spectator entertainment.

Wishing you all the best.

The intrusive thoughts were about my worst, that and looping thoughts. But they do get better. I know it's difficult but you just need to try to let them come and go without reacting to them. Once you accept them, they lose their power.

Acceptance is a powerful tool

Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately, I always entertain my instrusive thoughts and looping thoughts :(

I let it nest in my brain … Plus after not taking benzo, my thoughts keep firing …

This is really tough :(

The intrusive thoughts were about my worst, that and looping thoughts. But they do get better. I know it's difficult but you just need to try to let them come and go without reacting to them. Once you accept them, they lose their power.

Acceptance is a powerful tool

Thank you very much for the reply.

I guess it is all about focusing times to heal…

I just need to be patience 💪💪

Hey Serene Ong.  This healing process can be very scary.  There are so many symptoms for us to deal with minute by minute, day by day.  The intrusive thoughts are lies.  Do not believe them.

I felt the same way during my first few months.  It DOES get a lot better.  I still have anxiety and some depression but it is so much better now.  Those intrusive lies do not exist for me anymore.

Take it day by day.  Each day is a day toward being fully recovered.  You WILL heal from this.  It will just take time, patience and bravery.

I hope you feel better soon.

Hi Serene,

Did you deal with those issues before taking benzo? Why did you take them?

Hope you will feel better soon

Carla