Mirtazapine and Zopiclone

[4f...]

[4f...]

I have trouble finding how to.post in the right groups.

I am again asking if anyone has the uk liquid Mirtazapine 1ml ÷ 15mg? I have been on 15 mg tablets 16 months.

I would

1....like to know any one that tapered cutting tablets and how?

And

2) anyone that has the 1ml = 15ng liquid? My gp has said take 1ml them reduced by 0.5ml per week. Is that bad? Or should it be o.5ml every 4 weeks? I have a 1ml syringe so if reducing by 0.5 I fill syringe up to 1ml mark then push plunger down to 0.9 just below for month then if ok to 0.8 etc??

As I've said before please dont say oh reduced by no more than 5 or 10% as I cannot figure percentages. I'm just hope someone can answer what I've written yes ir no if correct.

I'm also on Zopiclone 7.5 mg 2 half years.

Have you anyone got off tapered and how? I can just cut off a quarter at a time I guess over say 14 days then half then a quarter etc.

Seems not many in here can help with a yes or no to my question. Anyone please I ask again as I'm stuck scared

Hi Basten, I've been thinking about you and wondering how you've been doing.

Don't worry if you posted in the wrong location, a moderator will move the post to the correct one.

I can't help you with the Mirt, I have no experience tapering off of it. But once a mod moves your post to the right location, hopefully someone with experience will respond.

People who taper off of Zopiclone usually crossover to the Valium equivalent. According to the Ashton Manual, 7.5 mg is equal to 5 mg of Valium. Since the recommendation is to not exceed 10% of your dose, cutting off a quarter is a little high. I don't know how big the pills are, we don't have that drug in the US, and whether you can cut them into, say, 6 pieces, or 8. Ideally, you should be crossed over to Valium and taper off of that, but I know from your past posts, it's unlikely to happen. If cutting off only a quarter is all you can manage, it's better than nothing. Expect to have more withdrawal symptoms, and I would recommend you holding longer than the normal 2 weeks, maybe a month to stabilize minimum?

The recommendation is to only taper off one med at a time. So you should pick which one you want to taper first. 

Let me see if I can get a mod to move your post to the appropriate location, and hopefully you'll get some replies from people with experience with these two drugs.

There is a Mirtazapine support group, and if you can't figure out the math, just ask. I've had math whizzes on this board help me figure out the math, when needed.  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=80102.0

[4f...]

Hello yes I'm not doing well. I know I've asked lots on here .I just been reducing the diaz 4mg since november. I am very poorly since switching from 0.5 clon to diaz and worse since reducing. I have burning pain for 6 years on eating. All in back . It seems to have got excruciating worse since reducing diaz. I was ok on the clon zop and mirtaz but thought I'd better try get off. Now my life is miserable but I get some sleep. My acid meds do nothing. I have written a post as a reply in the reneron mirtaz group but as a reply. I dont know how to post a new question in the mirtaz group etc.

My psych cos shes never heard of Ashton just saysvibshoukdnt read listen to others. Shes pretty useless. Yes a quarter off a 7.5 zop.pill is a lit but they oblong tiny and cant accurately reduce just quarter off then a half etc using pill cutter . I was doing this for 10 days then involved in accident and a fractured hip op.and hosoital just gave me 7.5 zop and 2 nights they gave me 4mg diaz instead of 3. The lower dose 3mg dis zip a d mirtaz makes me so drugged a.m. so after anaesthetic felt awful. Cant walk unaided in pain still after 8 weeks. I jnow I've been reducing Diaz but I will ask psych again re upping it if stopping zop. The mirtaz reason for wanting off soon is the insatiable hunger over 16months that's made me prediabetic and high cholesterol.

I am in so much pain eating and waiting months for tests. The diaz hasnt agreed with me. As soon as I switched I was getting sexual urges but fell asleep on 4mg. When reduced they got worse all night and would wake me up. I hate them and psych says they woukdnt do this but I never had on clonaz at all. I wasnt drugged a m. on clonaz. Now reduced again and I eat and legs go mad and in the night cant keep still urges all sorts.

To be honest I have no idea what's going on when I eat to be so bad now. And as I was ok on clonaz shes offered me to go back next time we speak. The urges are driving me nuts at 71 and I guess its histamine stuff as I'm getting shaking legs hyper if I even have a ready meal which never did before.

Thank you. I suffer from indecision and fear badly of withdrawals and no sleep which I know will happen..

I was ok on the clon and feel something will get me before the clon would have I.e. heart esophageal c or pancreas so why did I try stop.

It feels like my organs are packing up yet bloods ok. My whole back is inflamed on eating so I struggle and am very depressed over my bad health and shock still of accident.

I just cry.I want my life back and the gastro tests done as when I'm in such pain I tempted to call 999 a and e but dont want to see a hosoital again .

😘😘☹☹

I'm so sorry to hear you are still suffering the same conditions, sounds like little to nothing has changed since I last heard from you. And you are still unable to communicate things with your doctor.  :(  I've done my fair share of crying too  :'(  , I want my life back too. A lot of us feel that way. Sending you healing from the USA to the UK.  :-*

It’s very difficult to do this but if u go slow it can be done. I have had severe GI stuff from this too, had every test done and they found nothing. How long have u been on mirt? You need to leave val in place and reduce zop first. Cut using razor blade I did it you can too. 1/8 of a tab every 2 weeks is how I did it x

[4f...]

Was clonaz 3 years switched to diaz July 20. Reduced fron 4 to 3mg dia november. Acid soo bad and since mirtaz 16 months on weight and now a tight rope all around chest worse at night after eating. When digesting now since reduction if 1mg diaz 9 nights ago my ears hissing.

I've have iesoogagitis bile gastritis hernia and no gallbladder. In agony 6 years. Seems reducing diaz made worse. All in back inflamed all through hours.def no fat

. Ok I'll stay on 2 diaz and start zop again  how did you reduce mirtaz so I know. I have explained what but need you to re read and see 

Ok I’ve let u know how I did it. Only taper 1 at a time. I would maybe wait a couple of weeks til the 2mg of val settles a bit then start mirt taper. X go slow and hold when u need to. The goal is off forever not off I can’t handle it so I’m going back on. Okay? That needs to be ur focus. Off forever no matter how long it takes x

[4f...]
Ok you right . I sorry you back on val I guess. I feel worse each diaz cut. What a life. I was ok on o.5 clonaz zop and mirtaz but not the way mirtaz made me eat and damage its done. We have to support each other . My family try but have had enough and dont wanna keep hearing how crap I feel.

[4f...]

Can the  moderator lost redirect my questions re mirtaz. I'm kost again.

Thankyou Shayna  yes shave off bits zop. I dont think At 72 I have strength left.

Can the  moderator lost redirect my questions re mirtaz. I'm kost again.

Thankyou Shayna  yes shave off bits zop. I dont think At 72 I have strength left.

Basten, if you look at your post you will see a link right below what you wrote that says >Report This Post<. If you click that link it opens the link to send a message to the moderator staff. They can't possibly read every post, so it's unlikely they'll see your post. 

[4f...]
Thanks I cant find my question now to report  I am sorry I gave lots of probs navigating site

[4f...]

Everyone . My psych has discharged me. Said I shouldnt listen go on sites and says I either go with GP one person so she never believed any of my symptoms on diaz abs reducing just said keep reducing. We fell out. Now GP has said while I'm in pain with leg abd digestion maybe go back on 0.5 clon for now. I believe reducing diaz  has made my insides burning worse. I am tempted but cant go through switching to diaz Again later. My daughter says stay with it. Why dont psychs believe my symptoms. Reducing has greatly affected my digestion  .

And yes I havebt got too far than last posts

[4f...]

Hi 0.5 c last night. Feel weird. People said 0.5 clon to 4mg diaz i was undercut and 3mg to 2mg too much.

Anyway my head is spinning. All day i think...right what shall i cut first...what did he or she say...what is causing this tightness around ny chest on eating. It seems worse tidsy since clon but no urges and burning all through notvso bad.

I have been tokd get jewel scales to reduce clon. Ive gone to read about on site titation and what Pamster says....bloody hell not a ckue  i will have to keep posting as even if i buy scales ive no idea hiw much id scrap off weigh esch cut.

The mire i read the more anxiius im getting walking around saying oh dear what do i do. Then i worry cos prediabetic so as cant go out a neighbour got some shopping and i promptly are sticky toffeevoud and packet biscuits saying why are you doing this Sam abd Oliver (my kids) would be sooo angry abd my daughter has done her utmost to help me bag me says mym take resoonsibikty for self. Its like i have self destruct button cos im scared anxious and as someone said nothing had changed much since i was onnhere minths ago. I had to write to someone. I dont know how to start again. Ive asked gp for 3.75 zop . Jumoing fron 7.5 to 3.75 seens a lot. I feel like i am dying slowly so thibk what the fuck have another biscuit  . You said no matter how feel reducing dont go back. But my whole torso was burbung all day and nights awful. I just lay crying i cant take anymore.

Ive let myself down and my kids . I only found 4 men on here who got hypersexual. It is awful You are the only one said bad gi issues ....did yiur insides feel inflamed all day refucing.

I cant think straight hesd spinning with so much info . I go round all day trying to remember who said.what where do i start how do i weigh 0.5 clon is cutting from 7.5 zop to 3 75 too much. I curl up in bed and prsy for sleep and i dont want to wake up  as soon as its lighter i hide under covers again.

My daughter said you shoukd have carried on but i couldnt take it.

Hi basten I’m in a bad wave so I can’t read too much but I’ll just say forget doing anything for a couple of weeks. Get stable back on klonopin first x

[4f...]

So sorry Shayna to hear that. I thought you were doing well. I will try not to write too much. Its cos i write as speak and noone to talknto. Its all abxiety. I will do that.

I apologise. Get through i apologise

Hi basten please don’t apologize I just have bad days every now and then. Sorry I can’t remember have you started back on k yet?

[4f...]

Hi its ok i wish.you could have more good days.

Yes started 2 nights ago. The urges and thrashing legs gone but i not well. My food i think is not digesting properly.

My daughter said shoukd have carried on but....

I think benzos are affecting my bad leg muscles.

I still have ears hissing high bp. I think takes a while for diaz to clear out. I feel very toxic and i can taste my food hours after eating. I think gp said shed call monday. I woukd go to a and e but my leg so bad and i dont want to leave my home.

Basicalky somethings not right. I ate some muesli last November. Chocked on it . I really believe the drugs have fucked the workings of my oesoohagus abd guts up.

Ill keep uou informed. Rest up 

Yeah I will feel sick for a couple of weeks but if ur having interdose wds u won’t feel better unfortunately. I was sick all the time until I got off zop completely and I still have bad days. Peppermint tea helps me when my gi stuff is bad, have u tried it?