Can barely hang on, please help!

[Li...]

I am really suffering. I'm starting to get bad anxiety and panic through the night now. Haven't had this since the early months. I'm really afraid because I don't think I'm recovering. I'm unable to work or even distract myself right now and the anxiety and panic are pretty much Non-Stop. I'm experiencing pain on the left side of my body and terrible stomach issues which makes it difficult for me to eat I've lost 10 pounds again, and in the last month I started this terrible itching all over my body especially at night. I'm 11 months and 1 week out and I'm really worried. Is this normal? If anyone has some words of encouragement for me I would really appreciate it.

LiveLife

No I reinstated after going from 10 mg to 0 from Panic attacks.Your symptoms sound way to extreme to be from the benzo.I am not a doctor but I would see one if you have not already done so.Hope you are feeling better.Jim

Since I made that post things have been improved. A number of the symptoms have lightened up. So, I'm hoping I'm going to continue to move forward. The only thing is I get terrified when things get better remembering how bad they were. Thank you for the reply and Healing to you!

LiveLife

all the things you are describing are normal...  i know it is very hard and frustrating.... but things will slowly start to get better just hang in there and remember to ride the wave do NOT let it drown you.....  and Always take it one day at a time...  best wishes  jumpman23 

I'm glad to hear things have eased up a bit for you, but I agree with jumpman, they sound like normal symptoms.  Its very common to experience pain on one side of your body, the stomach pain, the itching, all common. 

As you've noted our healing isn't linear so we never know from one day to the next, sometimes one minute to the next how we're going to feel, it's very disconcerting.

Thank you for the reply. I just wish I would turn a corner soon. I'm really struggling. I used a nasal spray and threw myself into a bad wave.

LiveLife

8)

Live, I’m sorry about the wave. It’s hard to know what to take.  I get the itching a lot!

Seems like salt might bring it on for me. I use a tiny bit of kids antihistamine. Cold water

To rinse, if you can stand it. CerVe cream. I had a rash for along time too. (Diaper cream helped

Just my opinion) for creams.  I’ve had a little stomach issues. Yukult?

Hope you feel better.  I’ve lost a lot of weight too. No taste. :smitten:

Thank you kudos for the reply and suggestions. Greatly appreciated. Hugs and feeling to you!

LiveLife

Kudos 2,

Yes, some of the symptoms are doing better. Thank you for asking. I appreciate it!

LiveLife

• 3 weeks later...
Hello, I’m having the exact same thing happened right now. I’m struggling big time! Lost 50lbs. I started at 8mg of klonopin then did a slow .25mg drop every month until I got down to 2mg. Then the doctor c/o to valium 40mg. Got down to 33mg then I hit a wall big time. I had went to far and everything got very scary for me. I’m on a month hold until I make my next drop. I think I will go .5mg of valium until I get to 2mg when I can switch to liquid valium and micro dose for at least a year or more. Been on this poison for 26 years now. No doctor ever warned me until I went to U of M psychiatry and told me they will take me off of this. But this is soo hard and I still a mountain to climb. Does anyone know how to help benzo belly??

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know how to help benzo belly??

Hi Crazy4nascar, 

It sounds like you’ve got some good help, and the right idea with your slow taper but it’s still difficult, I’m sorry to hear it. I was just thinking you might get a quicker response if you posted your own topic. I know it’s impossible for the kind people here to answer everything. Perhaps quite plain foods might help benzo belly. Less processed, more whole foods can usually only be a good thing, maybe avoiding certain foods like garlic, but I’m no expert, there would be others in other sections of the website who may be able to give better advice. Good luck and best wishes with your journey.