What has made you smile today?

[ca...]

Thought I'd start a topic.

The simple things that have brought you a smile even if you feel like rubbish!

I read a book last night for the first time in over six months  ;D

Oh nice thread Casper! What book did u read?

My kids made me smile today. The taught me some new words...

So if something is good, it’s bussin. And if ur lying ... that’s cap. 🤷🏼‍♀️

So I used them in a few sentences while we were out and my kids were so embarrassed  :laugh:

I’m such a bussin mum! No cap!

I read The Colorado Kid - Stephen King

and started Later - Stephen King

My kids made me smile today. The taught me some new words...

So if something is good, it’s bussin. And if ur lying ... that’s cap. 🤷🏼‍♀️

So I used them in a few sentences while we were out and my kids were so embarrassed  :laugh:

I’m such a bussin mum! No cap!

:laugh: so funny, my mum used to embarrass us all the time.

one time, well more than once, at the shopping centre where all the cool kids would hang out, she would walk around like quasimodo  ::)

Nice! I haven’t read Stephen king for a while!

Haha!ur mum sounds pretty awesome! Nothing as funny as embarrassing ur kids  :thumbsup:

Ohhh good thread. My lil hound made me smile when he crawled up this morning for a cuddle before demanding breakfast.

Ohhh good thread. My lil hound made me smile when he crawled up this morning for a cuddle before demanding breakfast.

Gotta love fur babies!!

Getting a bowl of cereal for brekky, turn around and one of the cats has her head in the bowl stealing some  :)

Gotta love fur babies!!

Getting a bowl of cereal for brekky, turn around and one of the cats has her head in the bowl stealing some  :)

Ohhhh kitty!

I just bought an electric bicycle and rode it for the first time, I was laughing and squealing as I was peddling up the road, its so much fun!  I'm excited to see places this tired old body doesn't have the stamina to explore anymore, can't wait!  :yippee:

I bought a kiddie pool for my golden retriever today.  Two ladies at the hardware store helped me find a plug that would fit into the side so I could drain it.  They were both so helpful and funny! It felt so good to laugh.  :laugh:

[ae...]
I bought a new quilt set and throw pillows for my bed and got it all put together.  When I finished I stood back and gave it a thumbs up ... it looks so fresh and inviting.  :thumbsup:

[ae...]

Oh lovely Kate! I was thinking of doing the same! Nothing nice than a new bed set  :smitten:

Thank you Shayna.  Now if I am not beset with insomnia tonight like I had last night it will all be good!!  :smitten:

This is a great thread! After a bad night's sleep last night and a stressful day today, what made me smile was that a friend called to tell me to go outside and look at the sunset.  I did, and it was amazing! Deep saturated corals and pinks and golds ... Then I stayed on the phone and chatted with my friend for a while and watched the sun finish setting.  :thumbsup:

Pruning mightily overgrown fruit trees with the chainsaw!  :laugh:

I hope it was one of the smaller electric pruning chain saws!  :o

Pruning mightily overgrown fruit trees with the chainsaw!  :laugh:

I hope it was one of the smaller electric pruning chain saws!  :o

:thumbsup: it was, I can’t start a petrol one :o

Am achy today tho but feel good for achieving something!