Rapid Withdrawal Methods (Oxcarbazepine, NAD+, etc.)

[sl...]

This is entirely for discussion; I'm not personally finding any benefit from rushing my taper, and I've done everything I can to eliminate the need to rush my taper. However, it piques my curiosity that there appears to be at least one or two methods in the medical community for rushing people off benzodiazepines with minimal withdrawal symptoms.

The methods I've heard have some potential for success are oxcarbazepine and NAD+.

I'm not very good with medical research, but here is what I found on oxcarbazepine: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18821451/

The above study claims that 10 participants underwent an 11 day rapid taper "without the occurrence of withdrawal symptoms". Maybe someone can show me how to get the full study; I'm only going off of the abstract.

Regarding NAD+, there are at least one or two buddies who claim to have received this supplement intravenously at a clinic, at exorbitant costs, and that it either reduced their taper timeline or eliminated the need to taper entirely.

Do these methods actually work?

• 4 weeks later...

There's zero published studies on NAD+, if one journal would publish a single one for it, i would have tried it myself....

Anticonvulsants can be very helpful, and multiple ones, i was on depakote and felt it helped (as mood stabilizer), trileptal (oxcarbazepine) is pretty light when it comes to them... There's plenty of research but i think a super slow taper is best strategy, hopefully you won't have too much PWS.