Question about V and DAO enzyme

[lq...]

I jumped two days ago and after eating peanut butter its very evident I'm having an histamine reaction.

Anyone knows if the Valium DAO inhibition stops when the drug is completely out of the system, or does Valium change something in the body that has to be healed like with GABA receptors?

This is my more troublesome symptom and I can't buy DAO supplements because they are too expensive, and pea sprouts or kidneys aren't an option either.

I jumped two days ago and after eating peanut butter its very evident I'm having an histamine reaction.

Anyone knows if the Valium DAO inhibition stops when the drug is completely out of the system, or does Valium change something in the body that has to be healed like with GABA receptors?

This is my more troublesome symptom and I can't buy DAO supplements because they are too expensive, and pea sprouts or kidneys aren't an option either.

Did you have histamine problems before you went on V? If not, the problem should resolve once V is mostly cleared out of your system. Some people aren't as histamine intolerant. I get by on a low histamine diet, H2 blocker and DAO only at dinner (because it's the meal where I consume the most histamine in food). Yeah, the supplements can be pricy, but I've found some costing under $30 a month. DAO production should increase as the levels of Valium go down.

I'm not histamine intolerant, and lucky me, I have two genes that cause my body to produce more DAO. So the V's inhibiting effect isn't as bad for me. I had originally done a rapid taper of V (because I went to a forum where I got bad advice before finding Ashton Manual and BB), and found once I got below 10 mg. my histamine intolerance problems went away. Of course I had to reinstate and do a do-over. You can treat the histamine reaction, should you have another, by taking OTC antihistamines. H1 blockers are the ones used for allergies, H2 blockers for dyspepsia. They are both fairly cheap as generics. I use loratadine H1 and famotidine H2. They both take about 30 minutes to start working. Take 1 of each, they work by blocking the effects of histamine, in case you eat something causing a reaction.

But don't worry about V effecting your ability to make DAO after the drug has completely cleared your system. Your body will be producing DAO increasingly as it clears. 

Congrats on the jump. 🎉 Hope all goes well with you going forward.  :thumbsup: