Corn starch for liquid benzo suspension

[fe...]

HI:

Is it possible to use a suspension made by water, cornstarch and the benzo tablet dissolved?  I have heard that corn starch helps to make a more homogeneous suspension.

[4d...]

I'm guessing that some pill formulations contain something very similar to corn starch as a filler.  But I'm guessing you want to add more??

Unless you stir it pretty much constantly, I would think that the corn starch would settle out of solution.  I don't know where the drug would go. 

This is an interesting and creative idea; reminds me of myself in my younger days (about two months ago, actually).  :laugh: I was considering methyl cellulose, MCT oil, vegetable glycerine, and similar as suspending agents, trying anything to avoid consuming a solvent.

I ended up trying the MCT oil for a DMT, even getting it compounded by a pharmacist, and the medicine was a dud; somehow the MCT oil interfered with absorption to a very large degree. I still have a bottle of vegetable glycerin I bought, but I can't be bothered to try it. I have an alcohol and water based solution I use now, and it works; furthermore it's a recipe that is supported by medical research. A link to the recipe is in my signature, and the medical research is cited and linked at the bottom.

Like badsocref said, in a cornstarch mixture I'd wonder where the medicine was. Suspending agents that are clear, like VG, make it easier to tell if the mixture is homogeneous or not.

Check out my liquid K recipe and my liquid/tablet hybrid approach linked in my signature. The daily alcohol consumption is TINY; I take 1/20th of a tsp of ethanol or less per day, and I only have to make my liquid medicine once every month or so. I owe all I've learned to the forum and the buddies. I'd welcome any feedback on the instructions I wrote, and I'm happy to answer questions.

This is an interesting and creative idea; reminds me of myself in my younger days (about two months ago, actually).  :laugh: I was considering methyl cellulose, MCT oil, vegetable glycerine, and similar as suspending agents, trying anything to avoid consuming a solvent.

I ended up trying the MCT oil for a DMT, even getting it compounded by a pharmacist, and the medicine was a dud; somehow the MCT oil interfered with absorption to a very large degree. I still have a bottle of vegetable glycerin I bought, but I can't be bothered to try it. I have an alcohol and water based solution I use now, and it works; furthermore it's a recipe that is supported by medical research. A link to the recipe is in my signature, and the medical research is cited and linked at the bottom.

Like badsocref said, in a cornstarch mixture I'd wonder where the medicine was. Suspending agents that are clear, like VG, make it easier to tell if the mixture is homogeneous or not.

Check out my liquid K recipe and my liquid/tablet hybrid approach linked in my signature. The daily alcohol consumption is TINY; I take 1/20th of a tsp of ethanol or less per day, and I only have to make my liquid medicine once every month or so. I owe all I've learned to the forum and the buddies. I'd welcome any feedback on the instructions I wrote, and I'm happy to answer questions.

Interesting, thanks a lot for your input.!!

[4d...]
I don't know where the medicine is in a settled corn starch suspension.  When the starch is all suspended, the drug is probably pretty well suspended too.

I don't know where the medicine is in a settled corn starch suspension.  When the starch is all suspended, the drug is probably pretty well suspended too.

That's probably true. I would still be so nervous, unable to see the distribution of particles. I'm trialing a pharmacy compounded 30% ethanol solution right now, and even though it's clear as the sky is blue, I still shake the daylights out of it.  :idiot:

That's probably true. I would still be so nervous, unable to see the distribution of particles. I'm trialing a pharmacy compounded 30% ethanol solution right now, and even though it's clear as the sky is blue, I still shake the daylights out of it.  :idiot:

Do you know what the compounding pharmacist used for the drug source?  Regular tablets with excipients or the pure, active drug substance (API) alone?

Do you know what the compounding pharmacist used for the drug source?  Regular tablets with excipients or the pure, active drug substance (API) alone?

The pharmacist used pure clonazepam.

The pharmacist used pure clonazepam.

Thank you for the fast response, slownsteady.  This is important and helpful information.