Hand tremor attacks

[su...]

As most of you know I have been a member of this forum for several months now, during my taper, and now that I have been "free" for a little over three months.

For most of this year I have suffered from hand tremor attacks starting with one caused from taking a high powered antibiotic (Avelox) and then continuing to have them while withdrawing from the Ativan and Klonopin prescribed for the initial hand tremor attack.  (the Ativan and Klonopin never worked ,by the way, they only caused their own attacks related to withdrawal - double whammy!!)

I really haven't seen others post about this symptom of withdrawal, and I was wondering if there were any of you who have had these "attacks" happen.

I had been free from these "episodes" for about 3 months now, but woke up out of the blue last night feeling very faint, smothering sensations, and then proceeded to have my right hand shake uncontrollably. I really was shocked as I believed that this stage of withdrawal was behind me.

I just wanted to see if others have had hand tremors.

Thank you,

SUNNY DAYS AHEAD  :)

Hi Stoney,

Thank you for responding!

I think I may be coming down with some sort of "bug" - "stomach" issues and cold like symptoms.

Maybe this has something to do with the "return" of this awful symptom.

I am feeling pretty rough today.

Thanks again.  I feel kind of alone with the hand tremor situation.  No one to relate to.

Hand tremors have been a frequent part of my withdrawal/rebound.

My doc gave me a scrip for propranolol.  It provides great releif, and I really haven't felt any unpleasant side effects.  In fact, it also lowers your heart rate and blood pressure.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no problem with addiction or dependancy.  I have taken PRN for about 3 years (my original diagnosis was Anxiety Disorder which also sometimes caused tremors)

Hi Builder,

Thank you so much for your reply.  I am trying to be medicine free, but if the tremors seem out of control like they once were I will check into this.  I have become so sensitive to everything during this withdrawal that I don't know if I could take this medication.  I can't even take a vitamin, otc pain killer, or anything of the sort at this point, as they make me very dizzy and faint feeling.

Thank you for letting me know this though, and I am SO GLAD that the propranolol is working for you.  The benzo Ativan was initially prescribed for me like I was saying in my post, to suppress hand tremors caused from the antibiotic Avelox.  I wish that they had prescribed the propranolol instead .

Addiction is just AWFUL!

Thanks again Buddie,

Hello Sunny days ahead

I am very sorry that you are suffering with hand tremors.

Please do keep in mind that benzos are a very strong muscle relaxant.

Each of us will have different responses to our elimination of benzos from our lives.

For me its muscle spasms.

I vote for giving your body as much time as possible (you can stand) to heal before introducing another drug to eliminate what we all hope will just go away.

Thinking good thoughts of you Sunny.

Teakettle

Thank you so much Teakettle.

You have such a good heart.

This withdrawal, as you know from your own circumstance, is just pure agony.

I am SO GLAD that you are doing so well now!  What a blessing!!

I am about 3.5 months "free" and I really thought that these tremor episodes were behind me.  They are so frightening!

I tapered slowly and really thought that I would be significantly better by now.  I have windows where things are lessened and I feel like my "good old self" is returning, but any setbacks such as this are just so hard to deal with.

How many months out was it for you that you really began to say," I really feel good for the most part"?

Thanks again Dear Buddie  :mybuddy:,

SUNNY DAYS AHEAD  :)

P.S.  I tried to change my profile picture the other day just to do something different, my old picture was erased and I can't for the life of me put another personal picture on. So, I am stuck with this lovely generic - Oh well, as we both know, things happen!

Hello Sunny

I was just relieved to get past the fear of the jump.

Two months out was OK.

5 months out is OK.

No way am I basking in the sun enjoying each and every sensation.

Just glad I made it past the withdrawal and can look forward to better days.

Lately Bevoir has been rubbing off on me, my stomach has been an issue.

Some nights it is a tough go to make it to dawn.

I just try to keep a positive can do type attitude and look forward to a better day.

I would never consider going back to that HELL from which I came.

Keep Strong Sunny we will all see better days ahead .

P. S. Maybe post a new picture of Sunny with a Tin Foil Hat?

Teakettle

Hi Teakettle,

I have really had my mind hopeful of the 6 month mark, but still was hoping to feel much better than I do at this point.

I am like you in that I try to be as positive as I can be in this situation, and frequently put myself in what I like to call "robot" mode to get things done during the day.

No one can really understand how we feel going through this unless they have experienced it for themselves.  A normal person never has these awful sensations, so it is basically impossible to describe what we are going through to a "non - benzoed" individual.(new word!)  ;D

I agree with you. This whole process is HELL  >:D  , and that truly is not an exaggeration!  With what happens to so many people who take these drugs, I just cannot understand why they are still "on the market".  These drugs have caused so much unnecessary suffering for so many people, yet the dr.s seem blind to withdrawal, many even seem to "defend" these drugs saying that they couldn't possibly cause these symptoms.  It is ALWAYS you and NOT the drugs.  UNBELIEVEABLE!!!  ::)

Well, like most of us on this topic, I could go on all night about this.  Not that I really WANT to think about this topic!!  >:(

I wish I could get a new picture posted on my profile. Everything lines up to do this, and when I press "change" I get the message at the bottom of my screen "contacting benzobuddies", AND THEN, I twittle my thumbs for a few minutes and THEN get a big boxed message saying that this change could not go through for "blah, blah, blah reason".  I will keep trying!  Yes, maybe I could have a picture of myself in a tin foil hat, but of course mine would have to be a designer version!  8)

Take care my friend,

Hi Kat,

Thank you for the suggestion.  I tried taking magnesium a few months ago while I was still tapering and it had a paradoxical effect on me.  My inner electrical feelings went crazy.  I have heard this can sometimes happen to people.

Maybe now that I am no longer on Klonopin it would work like it is "supposed" to.

I am just so sensitive though to everything. I can't take vitamins, otc meds, and of course no caffeine and limited sugar.

I am glad the magnesium is helping you, though.  If I get brave, I may decide to try it again soon, as the lady at our health food store highly recommended it for calming anxiety.

Thank you again for your concern and advice,

Hi Teakettle,

As a side note, just noticed your new signature line.  The last line is TOO FUNNY!!!  :laugh:

I "cackle" out loud just thinking about it!!  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

You're a "Hoot"!  ;D

Have a Great Day!

Hi Sunny - just stopping by to see what advice some of the BB folks gave you.....i take propranolol and have for 17 years - I take it for a heart arrythmia.  I do believe it is hard to get off of, however.  About 10 years ago, a new cardiologist changed me from propranolol to something else and I got extreme anxiety from not taking it and had to go back on it.  So I don't know if it is addictive or not, but for me, I am much better taking it as it keeps my heart slow and steady. 

I would be very careful about adding any new drug right now - it is hard enough to know what is going on without wondering if it is a new drug, OTC or prescription.  Sometimes it is just better to deal with what we have and KNOW that nothing new has been added that could cause it.

I hope you are doing better today and that the hand tremor will go away.......along with your stomach illness and that you will be back to JUST dealing with your regular BZ symptoms, and HEAL from there.  Remember, you are healing......read what Pam wrote on my Vibrations thread.

Love from Hoping2BFree.........you are not ALONE - we are here for you!

Hi Hope,

Gee, it's been a while since we chatted on BB!  I just finished writing you a note on FB.

I agree that I will probably just wait this out.  My body doesn't seem to like to be "medicated" at this point. I am glad that the propranolol is helping you but like you said it may having some "coming off" issues of its' own from what you experienced when you tried to stop taking it.

My stomach trouble seems to have subsided, at least for now, but my throat is pretty scratchy and I am trying to keep from catching this cold by gargling with peroxide/water and taking a home remedy "fire" drink that I had told you about before.  That is all I can do for now.  I found that even taking vitamin c made me feel strange.  So hard to deal with!!  >:(

I will read what Pam wrote to you next.  She is always full of good advice!

Love  :smitten:,

SUNNY DAYS AHEAD  :)