Final dose done!

[lq...]

I've just taken my last dose of the tapering. I'm jumping on 0.5mg Valium.

I started the taper on September 2020, 10 months after starting Xanax and 8 months after I hit tolerance. January 2021 I got switched to a Valium taper. As I read here dry daily micro tapering was better, so I bought a scale and have been doing it.

These last days have been the worse (but similar to how I was on tolerance) but these last few hours before my last dose (I only take 1 dose daily) I have felt the best I've felt since I hit tolerance back in January 2020.

Let's see how does it go from now on... I've been very scared of jumping, but these last few hours have made me more confident.

[ea...]

Congratulations!!  How are you feeling?

Nice thing about valium is that you'll now have a nice slow finish over the next 10-ish days while the valium slowly wears off.

WOOHOO for jumping!  It really is a good feeling (regardless if symptoms are hanging around or not) to know you are free from the benzo, that you no longer have to put it into your body.  I felt a huge relief the day I took my last crumb knowing never again would that happen.  Now onward to healing and may it be sooner than later! 

Nice one! This is a very significant milestone. I'm glad you're optimistic. You have every reason to be and it helps.