Free, not sure how, but FREE

[be...]

Hello.  Thank you benzobuddies for the support I received.  2 years ago, I started my journey to become benzo free.  And, now, it has been at least 2 months since I somehow stopped taking benzos.

Over these 2 years, more times than not, I was in disbelief that I was an addict and couldn't stop taking them.  That I had to wean myself with little support, none at times.  It was the most challenging (read horrible) experience of my life.  It was painful but I persevered.  Even when I lost all hope that I would ever reach my goal.  I suffered.  My kids and husband suffered.  I made poor decisions resulting in messes that somehow I must resolve.

Yet, I did it.  And I seem to have no lasting symptoms or issues.  And if I can do it, others can.

Congratulations, benzosmetoo!  Glad to hear you are doing so well with no symptoms.  That's amazing.  So sorry this journey has taken its toll and hopefully now that you are in a better place, you can heal in that regard too.  Best wishes. 

Thank you so much for posting this! This is the kind of stuff I come here to read. I really appreciate you sharing your story to give others hope. I'm planning on taking my last dose sometime soon and it helps to know it can be done.

Wishing you the best going forward!

-L

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for sharing your very difficult BWD journey!  It will serve to help those of us who are still waiting to reach our goal of being benzo free and healthy and happy.  May you find peace in your heart going forward!

GG