seeking advice on switching to "micro-taper"

[To...]

Hello benzo warriors...I am looking for ANY advice concerning my taper which began with a successful yet turbulent cross over from Klonopin to Valium.  I was a 14 yr plus used as directed vitamin K user.  I started cross over of medication back in September 2019 which I was over 25 mgs of V.  I am now at 5.23 mgs.  I started a 1.5% reduction over a 10 days period  as my central nervous system could handle the larger cuts early in my taper but I am trying my best to adhere to what I can handle as I work full time.  My thinking is if I micro taper it will cause tolerance withdrawal.  I have a great doctor and have tablet form of 5 mg tabs, 2 mg tabs and liquid oral suspension.  Any advice from other people once they get down to the last mgs of Valium??  I appreciate any advice.

Have you done any micro-tapering? Or mostly cut-and-hold?

You could consider a micro-taper and then hold on some days if needed.

I like the concept of a micro taper. I feel good knowing that everyday I reduce the intake of this filthy poison. And some of my bad days, I just hold.

The odd thing is that my symptoms have really gone down as my dosage has gone down. I realize that everyone has a different experience.

Thanks for responding.  I, too, like the idea of a little

Of the poison being removed from my daily dosage.  I was able

To only tolerate 5% cuts all at once prior to my conversion to micro tapering which I am looking at reducing by 4% every 2 weeks.

Hello Toolfan13:

How is your tapering coming along? Hopefully it is going well. Let us know if any questions or issues.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
When I switched over to the micro taper I accelerated the percentage too much. I am now at 5 mg stabilized and will proceed with 2.5% reduction over 14 days with an over all goal of reducing by 5% per month.  Hopefully this makes sense - thank you for your support and guidance.

When I switched over to the micro taper I accelerated the percentage too much. I am now at 5 mg stabilized and will proceed with 2.5% reduction over 14 days with an over all goal of reducing by 5% per month.  Hopefully this makes sense - thank you for your support and guidance.

Awesome! Keep it going.  :thumbsup: