Withdrawal from K when crossing to V?

[St...]

Hi all BB’s!

I’m revisiting a c/o from K to V as it seems that I just will not get stable on K without significant updosing if that would even work.  My CNS/gaba receptors are rebelling in switching but after about 2 months, I feel I’m starting to stabilize on 2 of 4 doses of V vs. K using the 20:1 ratio. I’ve been on K for a very long time and at first it felt like V was doing nothing to replace the K. But now with time it feels like less interdose withdrawal between all 4 doses. My pdoc  is willing to work with me on however I wish to taper as long as we have a plan. She will give me more time to complete the crossover as needed. If possible I’d like to feel reasonably stable before tapering.

I’m now dosing 5mg. V in am, .25 K noon, 5mg. V late afternoon, and .25K at bedtime. I also am taking 6.5 Mirtazapine at bedtime. (would like to taper off the Mirtazapine but CNS not handling too many changes.) My poor liver! (I really feel pretty poisoned.) Most of my benzo years were on K only until I stopped sleeping and was getting horrible interdose withdrawals for which updosing has not helped. I have kindled twice as seen in my signature in an effort to stabilize but not happening!

So my basic question is if I’m successful in switching from K to V, have I effectively withdrawn from some of the properties of K while doing so? (tighter binding to receptors, etc.) If so is Valium easier to come off of in terms of effects on receptors and other withdrawal symptoms or is that person dependent?

I’m also not real comfortable with microtapering methods as I see issues in methods in knowing what you are truly getting in the med though I realize I will need to figure that out somehow when tapering from V especially at lower doses. I do use a file and scale for Mirtazapine pills but pharmacist says liquid compound would be much better way. I have not tried to crush pills and weigh powder as I feel very inept and unsure of this method too.

Many times I feel pretty despairing as I’m such a long hauler and not having a lot of hope for success but I’m trying! So I appreciate your help very much. I was in pretty good health, biking, hiking, taking care of grandkids, traveling and so on up until a year ago (preCivid) but all downhill since then. Though I have had curable breast ca and have thyroid nodules so am feeling my age probably contributed to by benzo use.

I’m happy to see so many of you younger folks are doing so well.  I simply left this too long! Amazing I was on K for so long without perceived problems! I left this far too long.

Blessings to all of you!  And thanks again! Storm S (aka Gramma V)