6 months

[Ha...]

My recovery going up and down. Now in month six seems to be intense compared to 2-3months ago. Looking for some hope that it will get better. Sometimes I doubt if this is going to last forever or the new me. The benzo lies telling that something is wrong with me!

Congratulations on 6 months. A significant milestone, for sure!  :thumbsup:

It's still very normal to have symptoms at 6 months. The ups and downs are totally normal too. Focus on taking each day as it comes, take the best care of yourself that you're able to - but don't worry if sometimes it feels like you can't do as much as you'd like to help yourself. Take a deep breath (or two... or three) when you find yourself getting wrapped up in anxious thoughts. If that seems like a lot of deep breaths, well, that's a healthy thing to do.

Apart from this, just know that you are healing. Every day, your body is working on putting itself right. There will be ups and downs in terms of how you are feeling but time moves linearly and you're getting closer to healed each and every day.

What are you struggling with the most?

Thank you for your encouragement. The most challenging ones is shortness of breath. I literally have to take a breath after a few steps walk and if I don’t, then I can feel weird head symptoms like a pulling in my head and leg and I became unbalance and losing my connection to my environment. This is so weird!

[38...]

HappyLike, congratulations! We were both on low(ish) dose xanax for 3 months (you tapered smartly, I didn't). I am just a little bit ahead of you at almost 7 months. It is very up and down. I was awful at 6 months, great at 6 months 1 week (see my post in milestones!) I felt almost healed, hit with awful wave, now getting back to where I was again. I know it will be up and down for a while, and I am sure I will be back here crying again. We are in this together and here for you! Please join up on the short-term users thread! You can find it in my post history.

This will pass and we will heal!

Congratulations on making it six months!  That is a great accomplishment as those early days are tough. 

The shortness of breath is typical and something I also struggled with.  I had to force myself to move as all I wanted to do was lay on the couch.  Gradually though I worked my way up to being able to do a little more and now I actually can do an hour of exercise a few times a week without issues. 

I had a bad wave just before my one year anniversary.  So there is no rhyme or reason for the symptoms, they have a mind of their own.

Try going for a walk when you feel anxious.  You don’t have to go far, just take your time and breathe.

All the best to you and congratulations on making it 6 months.

I believe that I posted about shortness of breath being my biggest problem at 6 months out. At nearly 10 months out, I don't have that problem anymore. It cleared up a couple of months ago.  :)

We are close in time off of benzos, and like you, my biggest struggle is shortness of breath. I also have days (like today) where the benzo lies are loud, telling me that there is something more wrong with me. But you are doing so well, be proud of where you are at! My windows are longer and more symptom free than they were even 2 months ago. My waves still suck, but we are healing! Hang in there!  :thumbsup:

Thank you so much for everyone’s encouragement. We really need that as we go through this process! It’s indeed life changing. I literally stopping caring about those little detail of my appearance which I was so concerned about in the past (hair, pimples, mole, etc).

Does anyone has numbness on limbs after food? This is new symptoms for me recently too

[38...]
Oh gosh, I think maybe whatever you have feels the worst. For me, I always pray for physical symptoms - just give me back my mind! The fear of going crazy, losing control, hurting yourself - ugh! It's the worst. It's actually fading, but chemical anxiety and depression is like the worst mental prison imaginable to me.

So sorry it’s getting that bad for u. I am also worried about the mental symptoms as I have heard many said it much worst than the physical ones. It is always so hard with the symptoms around. But I am glad we are inching forward each day to our recovery. I just pray for each one of us to be able to write our success stories soon. Hold on to this hope! We will get better