Who's anxiety and depression has gotten better? How long did it take?

[Li...]

Who's anxiety and depression has gotten better and how long did it take? I was having 1 window day a week here and there and brief windows but recently I've gone two solid months without one. Just looking for some hope! 11 months out tomorrow.

LiveLife

Hey LiveLife.  You are a little ahead of me since your jump.  It has been nearly 5 months for me.  My depression stopped around month 4 tho I still have some here and there.  I still cry a lot and find it healing.  Anxiety is still really severe at times and comes in windows and waves as you can imagine.  Last month I barely had any windows but this month seems better.  Time will tell I guess.

11 months out is great.  You have accomplished so much.  You will get there!

• 2 months later...
LiveLife - I have been trying to manage anxiety that vacillates between barely perceptible to all out panic since I was around 4 years old.  Same with Depression.  I have strung together several years where I wasn’t terribly depressed, but the anxiety never fully abated.  The first time I felt actually calm was when I was prescribed that first benzo.  It was truly life changing.  So, for 20 years or so (maybe more, who knows) I medicated the anxiety.  But it was still there - even after 30 years of intensive therapy on top of it all.  Then I found out about all the issues with benzos and realized they were affecting my memory and cognition.  And I experienced very bad withdrawal accidentally when I couldn’t get a scrip filled while on travel.  I thought I was going to die.  So, I know that I have to get off the benzos in order to restore my personality and intellect, but doing so may expose me to withdrawal and I am counting on a good doc to make sure that is minimized.  But I also know that I still have the underlying anxiety - it has just been masked by the med - and I am going to need to find a way to deal with that. I believe my depression and anxiety is somewhat inherited and somewhat the result of trauma.  I am trying to see how much I can heal organically or at least how much I can reduce medication and all of its side effects.  I may have to always be on an AD (maybe), but am hoping I can address the anxiety without medication or at least without any benzo ever again.  I want to be clear and sharp, balanced and able to feel real feelings. Not sure this helpful to you, but I wanted to share my motivation and thought process.