Thirteen Months Down and ????? Months To Go🙏

[Ga...]

I cannot believe that I am posting that today is my 13th month anniversary from my withdrawal from Valium!  What a long and non-linear road traveled, and one such journey I will never have to traverse ever again....you have my promise on that.  I can really see that my body and brain are healing each and every day:  My windows are longer and less symptomatic, and my waves only last a few days with my only symptom being the dreaded head symptoms.  I just had eight good days of no symptoms at all, and enjoyed gardening, cooking, shopping at the nursery, and relaxing in the beautiful spring weather.  And, I have also taken a positive, proactive step in joining a weight loss program to aid me in losing the 35 pounds that I put on over the past couple of years.  If you like, you can read the particulars of this weight loss program on the General Health and Wellbeing board, which I posted this a.m.  I mentioned that I have had a flare up of my head pain, and the possible reasons why the uptick in that symptom.  So, all in all, I feel good about my progress and so relieved that I will never ever have to go through another 13 months of this painful experience!!!!!  I am so very grateful for this BB website and all the buddies who have supported me with knowledge, compassion and caring thoughts.  My goodness, where-oh-where would we be without each other to hang on tight to during the waves that take us to the depths of misery.  So many times I have received a healing message from a buddy, only to learn that they themselves are in pain emotionally, spiritually and bodily.  I have shared with my GP how much strength and positivity I have gained from being a member of BBs, and he acknowledges the importance of having a support group that understands our unique situations and listens when others do not.  We are special and we deserve all the glory that our eventual healing will bring us.  Fondly, GG :smitten:

Thanks, sweet fluffernutter!  It does feel good to see progress now that I am in my 13th month, as I thought for sure I would be recovered in my 3rd, 6th, 9th month or 12th month.  I believe many BBs were also surprised at the actual time it took to reach recovery!  I guess I will fall somewhere in the 12 to 18 month group.  I remember my neurologist saying he thought it would take about 14 months for me to have a full recovery, and I am hoping he is right on the money :thumbsup:  I know you have been struggling lately, but I am here to tell you it will get better.  Patience and time are the hardest things to practice and get through, but it is the only way to get to the other side!  Take care of you :smitten:

Garden! What a great post - you've done so well and sound like you've made some really good gains in recovery - may it continue!

Your efforts to be positive are def helping you win the battle:)

Hugs!! :smitten:

This is excellent to hear Gardenguru. You truly are a good person who deserves to be well and this will be a reality.  :o

Thanks for all the caring thoughts!  Unfortunately, today is one of the really bad headache days.....no other symptoms, just horrendous pain, burning and pressure.  WHY WHY WHY does this symptom hang around so long?  Will it really really go away????  My husband says it pains him to see me in this much agony!!  It feels like a migraine, tension, cluster headache all in one.  Maybe the weather or the fact that I didn’t sleep at all last night is contributing?  It is highly unusual for me to have insomnia, as I normally fall right to sleep and stay asleep for seven to eight hours!  I am still grateful for my progress, but don’t know how much longer I can handle these headaches :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Congratulations. We’re jump buddies. I jumped on March 24th. 13 months off for me as well today. You’re doing much better than me. Seems like everyone is. I guess we all heal at our own rate.