Benzo Free 1 year and 6 months

[Gh...]

Every morning I would get up, and I felt great and I said boy I must be healed..then it starts the muscle aches, the headache, anxiety, sweats, and everything that comes with withdrawal. Xanax a medication that I was prescribed to me in Europe to help me with grief the passing of my Mom the tormenting of ppl I thought were my friends, the abuse, the manipulating. Ptsd from seeing my Mom helpless lying on the floor as she was passing to God's heavens.

I was my Mothers caregiver, I took care of her as she did half my life with me. I loved my beloved dog due to moving 9,000 miles away, I had to give him away. I was psychologically tortured. I blamed myself for my Mothers death, for leaving her alone to just get a breath of fresh air. I accepted the pain that held inside that it wasn't my fault, since my Mom was really ill at the time. Lots of questions run through my mind and I wish I could get answers. I loved my mother dearly, and Miss her very much.

Xanax a med I was prescribed .5mg July 2016,, I thought wow what a great med--no pain, no anxiety, no grief, I had numb feelings-- I was fine five years ago before Xanax, of course. Who knew a med would damage your soul...anyway.I WAS prescribed Xanax in SOS situations-. I wish I knew then what I knew then--its a 21-day prescription, I read when I was searching up answers ..I was on it for 7.5 months and I had weened to .25mg, then I got down to 0.03mg on my own, let alone when you're in agony and pain, pain muscle pain as if someone was twisting your body, let you go and your dizzy as if you were on the tilt a whirl for 4 hours straight, sweats, cold sweats with shakes as if you were in a blender..anxiety and bp shot up to 180..you think your gonna die-giving birth or getting a root canal is nothing compared to this.

I have never had withdrawal -over 105 sxs. Psych doc sent me to inpatient, the session was 20 min, I was his last patient, I wasn't important, his lunch break was. So I said I gotta fight this-and I have been and did it! --I came to Chicago to get my life in order, and not be in agony pain because of a devil med. I've seen videos of ppl wanting to end their lives cause they can't stand the pain.

I pray I have friends Prayin, there were times where I wanted to end my life as well. But Ive decided to LIVE AND FIGHT!! I have BEAT BENZO HELL! I tapered on my own for 2 years, no cross-over to anything else. I did a slow snail taper. No MD helped me, a few in a group did , encouraged me to jump since I was taking a grain of sand, but it was controlling me, even that grain.

I jumped 10/3/2020, and I was terrified. I said why am I doing this now. its my Daughter's birthday soon..My anxiety shot up, but I fought it. After that last dose, I had mild wds sxs.. Headache for three days, and it was gone. I've never felt better in my own life. I beat the devil. Ive had no procrasinating sxs at all.

I won! You can do this, take your time. You will heal, I promise! :smitten::angel::-*:thumbsup: :thumbsup: God Bless

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1

I'm so sorry for your losses, Ghost_Friend, but offer many congratulations on not only beating this drug but coming out healed on the other side.  Thank you for sharing your success, and I am wishing you good health and a good life. 
  • Like 2

sunshine75..

your short story gave me tears in my eyes. I felt your pain..just now.. Im so sorry what happened to you. But I'm glad your off. Great news! :thumbsup: Im here if you need to talk.  :)Bless you

[91...]
Congratulations! I was on for only 3 months, 0.25-0.5 and thought I could CT. Was very dumb and never reinstated. I pray I find healing as you have. Enjoy your life!

• 2 years later...
On 21/04/2021 at 19:11, [[s...] said:

I'm so sorry for your losses, Ghost_Friend, but offer many congratulations on not only beating this drug but coming out healed on the other side.  Thank you for sharing your success, and I am wishing you good health and a good life. 

Thank you

On 22/04/2021 at 12:11, [[G...] said:

Congratulations! I was on for only 3 months, 0.25-0.5 and thought I could CT. Was very dumb and never reinstated. I pray I find healing as you have. Enjoy your life!

Thank you

On 21/04/2021 at 19:28, [[G...] said:

sunshine75..

your short story gave me tears in my eyes. I felt your pain..just now.. Im so sorry what happened to you. But I'm glad your off. Great news! :thumbsup: Im here if you need to talk.  :)Bless you

Thank you

15 hours ago, [[H...] said:

You must have been through a lot of pain. Unbelievable how strong people can be. You tapered from Xanax itself? That is tough. 

I was in tremendous pain, and my mental state was for the worse. But each day I prayed, and said I will be ok. It was hard. I tried to follow the Aston Manual, though I was so confused, and though it seemed her logic about tapering was too quick, fast taper. I know many that have done a fast taper, and they were fine for a bit, but then it hit them hard, later. I feel so bad for them. 

Yes, I tapered Xanax .5mg itself. I didn't crossover to anything. I believe they said to cross over to Dizapam, but I didn't listen. 

On 22/04/2021 at 12:11, [[G...] said:

Sending prayers to you. 

On 21/04/2021 at 19:05, [[G...] said:

Every morning I would get up, and I felt great and I said boy I must be healed..then it starts the muscle aches, the headache, anxiety, sweats, and everything that comes with withdrawal. Xanax a medication that I was prescribed to me in Europe to help me with grief the passing of my Mom the tormenting of ppl I thought were my friends, the abuse, the manipulating. Ptsd from seeing my Mom helpless lying on the floor as she was passing to God's heavens.

I was my Mothers caregiver, I took care of her as she did half my life with me. I loved my beloved dog due to moving 9,000 miles away, I had to give him away. I was psychologically tortured. I blamed myself for my Mothers death, for leaving her alone to just get a breath of fresh air. I accepted the pain that held inside that it wasn't my fault, since my Mom was really ill at the time. Lots of questions run through my mind and I wish I could get answers. I loved my mother dearly, and Miss her very much.

Xanax a med I was prescribed .5mg July 2016,, I thought wow what a great med--no pain, no anxiety, no grief, I had numb feelings-- I was fine five years ago before Xanax, of course. Who knew a med would damage your soul...anyway.I WAS prescribed Xanax in SOS situations-. I wish I knew then what I knew then--its a 21-day prescription, I read when I was searching up answers ..I was on it for 7.5 months and I had weened to .25mg, then I got down to 0.03mg on my own, let alone when you're in agony and pain, pain muscle pain as if someone was twisting your body, let you go and your dizzy as if you were on the tilt a whirl for 4 hours straight, sweats, cold sweats with shakes as if you were in a blender..anxiety and bp shot up to 180..you think your gonna die-giving birth or getting a root canal is nothing compared to this.

I have never had withdrawal -over 105 sxs. Psych doc sent me to inpatient, the session was 20 min, I was his last patient, I wasn't important, his lunch break was. So I said I gotta fight this-and I have been and did it! --I came to Chicago to get my life in order, and not be in agony pain because of a devil med. I've seen videos of ppl wanting to end their lives cause they can't stand the pain.

I pray I have friends Prayin, there were times where I wanted to end my life as well. But Ive decided to LIVE AND FIGHT!! I have BEAT BENZO HELL! I tapered on my own for 2 years, no cross-over to anything else. I did a slow snail taper. No MD helped me, a few in a group did , encouraged me to jump since I was taking a grain of sand, but it was controlling me, even that grain.

I jumped 10/3/2020, and I was terrified. I said why am I doing this now. its my Daughter's birthday soon..My anxiety shot up, but I fought it. After that last dose, I had mild wds sxs.. Headache for three days, and it was gone. I've never felt better in my own life. I beat the devil. Ive had no procrasinating sxs at all.

I won! You can do this, take your time. You will heal, I promise! :smitten::angel::-*:thumbsup: :thumbsup: God Bless

I actually wrote about it. I wanted to publish it. Its a draft on paper. Though I was told not to, that people will think differently of me. I was confused, I wasn't an addict, I didn't abuse it. It was prescribed in SOS situations, except it turned to the worse. I was called an addict because I wanted to ween from it. I needed the med to ween, not to keep taking it. People just don't understand. Disgusting how they label and judge right away. When your screaming for help. 

7 hours ago, [[G...] said:

I was in tremendous pain, and my mental state was for the worse. But each day I prayed, and said I will be ok. It was hard. I tried to follow the Aston Manual, though I was so confused, and though it seemed her logic about tapering was too quick, fast taper. I know many that have done a fast taper, and they were fine for a bit, but then it hit them hard, later. I feel so bad for them. 

Yes, I tapered Xanax .5mg itself. I didn't crossover to anything. I believe they said to cross over to Dizapam, but I didn't listen. 

I couldnt taper lorazepam. Half life is much too short. Xanax is even worse. So Diazepam would have been much better. If you can metaboliza it properly of course. Just interested, how many doses did you have a day?

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/04/2021 at 17:05, [[G...] said:

Im so sorry for everything you went through especially the loss of your mother... I am Also on xanax and i am so afraid to start tapering....what did u follow to taper off? .. I am currently on 0.5 a day.... 0.25 once when I wake up and then the next 0.25 for sleep... I am terrified though when getting dizzy I do not know how to control myself when i get dizzy and just reach for that 0.25 pill... 😞 How were u able to deal with that ? 

On 21/04/2021 at 20:05, [[G...] said:

This is a wonderful success story and thank you for sharing @[Gh...].

You did all you could for your mother. Be proud of that fact. Her death was not your fault in any way. May she RIP. I am also my mother's caregiver. I love my mother more than probably anyone else on this earth. She has done so much for me over the years. Now, it is my turn to try to help her as much as can during this last quarter of her life. I hope I outlive her bc I am all she has now, even as I struggle to get off Valium and recover as you have done. Again, thanks for sharing your story and giving hope to those who are sick and still trying to get off these drugs.

On 17/11/2023 at 00:35, [[G...] said:

I actually wrote about it. I wanted to publish it. Its a draft on paper. Though I was told not to, that people will think differently of me. I was confused, I wasn't an addict, I didn't abuse it. It was prescribed in SOS situations, except it turned to the worse. I was called an addict because I wanted to ween from it. I needed the med to ween, not to keep taking it. People just don't understand. Disgusting how they label and judge right away. When your screaming for help. 

The irony is that we are not true addicts (drug seeking behavior) but these drugs (benzos) are addictive as hell. IOW, we are accidental addicts, not intentional ones.