Need advice and help for my situation

[So...]

Hello, I took Cipro antibiotic and I am having huge trouble for already two months. I had mild vertigo while taking it but more symptoms came the night I finished it. I took 8 days twice 500 mg. I am not benzo dependant ,I used it occasionally bit I am SSRI dependant. I had the worst Paxil CT and reinstatement. I was tapering it and doing quite well till I took cipro. I am currently on 5 mg of Paxil. I read Cipro is like benzo wd. My mother wants to take me to psyhisattrist cause I am really bad. I read some posts ,there are some members who had cipro experience. Can you tell me what to do and how long this can last ? Thank you.

Hey Sofia03.  Cipro can cause quite a few side effects especially when combined with other meds.  So sorry you are having to go thorugh the this.  I have some history with this drug as well.  It can take some time to heal from it.  What other symptoms are you experiencing?

Insomia is the worst simptom, I had it also last year after my paxil CT and on/off during my paxil taper. Also anxiety,terrible depresion. I wonder how long this set back can last,how long it lasted for you and what symptoms you had?should i take something for it and taper later ?

Yes I had all of these symptoms too.  The first time it happened to me I recovered pretty quick - like in a month.  The second time I also took benzos.  I am still recovering at 5 months.  I have the same issues as you: insomnia, anxiety and depression.  I dont really know when I will recover BUT I do know that my body will eventually heal!

While I dont feel qualified to give out medical advice I can tell you what I have done to try and recover.  I have not turned to any more drugs.  I dont think any drugs can fix this.  I have turned to Cognitive Therapy with a good therapist and I am just riding it out.  Better to have no drugs in your system and just let your body heal.  It does take time to heal.

I know it is really painful - anxiety and depression are no joke.  Find ways to distract yourself from what your body is going through, know that you WILL heal from this, and know that it just takes time for your body to re-adjust.

Have you seen how long approximately takes to recover from cipro setback ? Also I have questions regarding paxil. I have been reading stories on surviving antidepressants and they are quite scary,it usually takes people years to recover from it,like 3-5 years. I noticed on this site people heal faster from benzos. So does ssri really takes more time or stories on SA are just too scary ? I had the worst Paxil CT and reinstatement but i did stabilised before this antibiotics setback.

I have not seen anything on cipro setbacks.  I dont have any experience with paxil, antidepressants or other ssri’s.  Maybe do some searches to see what others have said.